I can not seem to figure out how to do something. I have latest OS for my phone, 4.5.0.81, however ... I was having some trouble with my phone recently and wanted to do a complete OS reload. The problem is the App loader in device manager just tells me there is no update to do, since I have the latest version. Is there any way to force a OS reload ?
    thanks ..
    12-08-08 02:34 PM
    You need to delete the Vendor XML file to load if the update is not from your carrier...
    12-08-08 02:36 PM
    I have tried both ways, and currently am trying to install the release FROM my carrier. Although I had the version long before they released it of course.
    The Updater will not go forward as it considers the version on my phone the latest. I want to FORCE the reload of the same version basically.
    Jesse
    12-08-08 02:51 PM
    Take off the old one, install the new OS, it wont put the same OS back on your phone over the exisiting SAME OS..

Or, you can find a downgrade, install that, then upgrade again
    12-08-08 03:00 PM
    How do you 'take off the old one' ?
    12-10-08 12:42 PM
    I think that if you go to the folder where the Vendor.xml file was, you will see a "loader" file. Run that and it should update without looking at which version is already on there.

Make sure you are backed up.
    Good Luck!
    12-10-08 12:50 PM
    The Loader.exe program will overwrite the existing OS if you include the command switch /nojvm. Powerful tool, often the last resort.

It does not try to backup anything, no data, no settings.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    12-10-08 12:55 PM
    use JM to wipe ur handheld & then reload.
    it will work
    12-10-08 01:00 PM
    To use the method you want to use, follow these instructions from the 101 guide.

If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file to install the desired OS to your PC.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 01:05 PM
    FYI: the above will install the same or older OS, you won't need to delete anything. Just make sure the backup and restore box is checked so your 3rd party apps and settings are reinstalled after apploader wipes and install your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 01:10 PM
    Wow, if that works it is perfect. I will try it later tonight.
    Thanks
    12-10-08 02:11 PM
    That last suggestion, I was very hopeful about. But did not work.
    There is no Advanced tab, I have Desktop Manager 4.7.
    No matter which route I follow it tells me no updates are available and does not allow me to reinstall OS.
    12-14-08 09:03 PM
    What is JM aswanideep ? Your links do not lead to any info about what it is or where to find it.
    12-14-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD