For some reason, my curve 8330 will recognize the previous owners number and all their information in my computer, also the OS won't upgrade to a higher version that I know exists. I currently have the 4.5.0.127 and it's freezing a lot and fairly slow and I just want to upgrade it. Any help as to how?
    09-24-10 03:56 PM
    So I'm pretty new to all this but do you have the desktop manager? just backup and do a restore.. or if that doesn't work maybe try bbsak and wipe disk and download the new os from blackberry and and install it. Like I said I'm pretty new but I don't know why that wouldn't work..

here's a link for the newest os!

BlackBerry - Device Software v5.0 - Download BlackBerry Device Software Today
    Last edited by TheChaser; 09-24-10 at 04:08 PM.
    09-24-10 04:05 PM
    When you buy a used BlackBerry, the original owner must cancel their BIS service with their carrier. If the PIN number is still registered, you will receive their email. Contact the seller and advise them of the situation. Most sellers will be highly motivated to correct that issue.

If you can not trace the history of the device, you have wasted your money.

The OS upgrade question simple to answer. When you allow Desktop Manager to check for upgrades, it will only upgrade to the carrier approved OS.

The other option is to manually upgrade the device by downloading the latest version from the links in your device forum. Remove the security file Vendor.xml and use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to install the new OS.
    09-24-10 04:13 PM
    Yup I fail -.- lol
    09-24-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD