I have been tethering for quite some time with no problems at all...but...for the last few days I have not been able to access some sites...

Its really odd...for instance...I can always get to crackberry...never a problem...but lets say I go to yahoo mail...or my yahoo...it times out...

And sometimes I cant even get to google...but...the weird part is that if I search Google from the search bar in firefox...it times out...but...change it to ask.com...bam...right there...

I called my cell carrier and said they really dont know what the problem is...it should be all or nothing...That I might need to reinstall my OS which is .131 btw...

Question is...does the OS have any effect on the problems that I am having?...

Sorry to be long winded...hopefully I explained it correctly...

Thanks...
    03-04-09 03:08 PM
    I would assume that bandwidth is bandwidth, you shouldn't be getting various results going from webpage to webpage.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the path your tethered connection is taking to get to a certain website vs the path being taken by your modem/dsl provider (assuming you have one of course).

You might try doing a traceroute off of both and see what you come up with?

Just throwing that out there, then again maybe a clean install of the OS is exactly what you need?

-r0b
    03-04-09 03:38 PM
    I would assume that bandwidth is bandwidth, you shouldn't be getting various results going from webpage to webpage.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the path your tethered connection is taking to get to a certain website vs the path being taken by your modem/dsl provider (assuming you have one of course).

You might try doing a traceroute off of both and see what you come up with?

Just throwing that out there, then again maybe a clean install of the OS is exactly what you need?

-r0b
    Thanks for the reply...

I dropped my dsl a few months ago when I got my BB so I cant do a comparison ...good idea though...

It is very strange...I was hoping to get by w/o doing a reinstall of the OS but may have to...

Thanks again for the reply...
    03-04-09 03:44 PM
    You can try flushing your DNS, it won't have any adverse affects even if it doesn't fix your problem. Your connection will just have to reestablish the DNS routes.

Through the windows command prompt type: ipconfig/flushdns

-R0b
    03-04-09 03:49 PM
    You can try flushing your DNS, it won't have any adverse affects even if it doesn't fix your problem. Your connection will just have to reestablish the DNS routes.

Through the windows command prompt type: ipconfig/flushdns

-R0b
    Ok...thanks...I will give it a shot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 05:04 PM
    Well the DNS flushing didn't help...

I have no idea what is going on...

Thanks again...

Anybody else?...any ideas?...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:37 AM
    I guess it was a network issue...