Ok I like many others on this site I'm sure, I jumped on the first chance to upgrade to OS 4.5. Well I love it all the changes are great but when I went to pull the photos off of my phone yesterday Adobe could not find the device so I tried the Rixo Media Manager software that came with DM 4.3 and as soon as I went to open any pictures it bombs and I mean bombs as in system failure and my machine gets rebooted. I'm running XP Pro and own a curve 8300 so if anyone else has heard of or had this issue and figured out a way to get it to work please let me know. I read somewhere that DM 4.2 worked better with the new OS and tried 4.2 with SP1 and SP2 with the same result.
    06-04-08 09:50 AM
    Opening pictures from your PC or phone? If PC it doesn't sound like a berry issue. I would uninstall DM, then reboot. Then go to rim.com and download and install the newst version of DM. Try again. Keep on Crackin'!
    06-04-08 09:57 AM
    As of last night my Curve is rejecting my sim card, The TMO rep told me that my sim card is old. What I got from the convo is that sim cards "expire" after a few years.

I also upgraded to a beta os 4.5 so I thought maybe that was the problem (possibly a glitch) but my wifes sim card wasnt rejected in my phone and my sim was rejected in her's. Has anyone else experienced something like that?
    06-04-08 10:21 AM
    As of last night my Curve is rejecting my sim card, The TMO rep told me that my sim card is old. What I got from the convo is that sim cards "expire" after a few years.

I also upgraded to a beta os 4.5 so I thought maybe that was the problem (possibly a glitch) but my wifes sim card wasnt rejected in my phone and my sim was rejected in her's. Has anyone else experienced something like that?
    I would just Stop by your nearest Service providers store they should be able to just hook you up with a new one. One of my friends had a similar issue and Cingular overnighted a new one to her.
    06-04-08 10:48 AM
    yeah thats what i'm planning to do, i'm just praying that that's the solution to my problem. life just isnt the same without my BB
    06-04-08 10:51 AM
    Thanks jrbarret But I'm about positive that the DM isn't the issue I had 4.3 loaded on my laptop and desktop had the same issue with both and then I removed 4.3 from my laptop and loaded 4.2 with sp1 and 2 and had the same issue all of them where downloaded direct from RIM. In the meantime I downloaded 4.5 again from a different site and am just about done re loading the OS I'll see if that works and keep everyone posted.
    If it doesn't I guess i ether A. Downgrade back to 4.2 and cry myself to sleep or B. deal with it " I have a Micro SD to SD adapter "
    I like the sounds of the latter better don't you.

Wish me luck
    06-04-08 10:55 AM
    Well New OS reloaded and still crashing. I guess every time I want pictures or music from my phone for the time being I'll have to shut her down not a big deal but annoying. RIM would you please just get the new OS and DM out already.
    well good luck SOUJAH345 by the by I never asked but just assumed did your sim get rejected immediately after you loaded 4.5 or was it working for some time then cut out. Ether way I wish you luck I don't know what I would do without my Berry.
    06-04-08 11:53 AM
    why not just use windows explorer to either navigate to the pics on your phone or sd card? that is what i have always used because it always works. simple and fast.
    06-04-08 12:15 PM
    Well New OS reloaded and still crashing. I guess every time I want pictures or music from my phone for the time being I'll have to shut her down not a big deal but annoying. RIM would you please just get the new OS and DM out already.
    well good luck SOUJAH345 by the by I never asked but just assumed did your sim get rejected immediately after you loaded 4.5 or was it working for some time then cut out. Ether way I wish you luck I don't know what I would do without my Berry.
    MJGEGB - I am sorry my suggestion did not solve your issue but it's just what i would have tried first from reading many posts on different forums. Even If I don't experience the same issues I am always reading about different problems and trying to help resolve them.

I hope someone with more expertise can help you out. I know and you know you can use explorer (mass storage mode) but i know how you feel - new toy - new OS - want everything to work as it should.
    06-04-08 12:32 PM
    Thanks for the help jrbarrett I hope you didn't think I was blowing off your advise as it was good advise but I had already tried that possible solution. I try to Stay away From IE as much as possible but you did give me an idea Adobe may be able to recognize my device in mass storage mode worth a shot. I do like to use the Media manager to put new music on my phone however, because it seems to compress the mp3 files even more with little or no quality lost but hopefully RIM will release OS and DM 4.5 soon I mean we've been waiting for ever now. I think we all have the right to be mad.
    06-04-08 12:53 PM
    i switched out the sim card and thank God it worked but ive heard through the grape vine that rim is fishing out all the beta users and frying their sim cards. so im keeping the sim card out of my phone and downgrading asap, it sucks that they have us by the short and curlies but i guess thats how they work. someone mentioned several other curve owners that are with tmobile have had their sim cards fried, i wonder theres something tmobile customers should watch out for.
    06-04-08 12:58 PM

I had downloaded the beta on saturday night by tuesday night my sim card was fried
    06-04-08 01:00 PM
    jrbarrett your brilliant it worked in mass storage I just have to remember to eject the usb connector or it takes away my ability to zoom in until I reset the micro SD card. I take allot of pictures but it's not to often I put new music on my phone so I can live with this till RIM officially releases the new OS.
    06-04-08 01:01 PM
    That would be an asinine thing to do. Why would RIM hurt their customers for using a beta? Even if its not released officially, its not like they are going to charge for it when it is released so its not hurting RIM or their profits for us to use the beta.

That logic doesn't make since to me so i hope its not true.
    06-04-08 01:02 PM
    That would be an asinine thing to do. Why would RIM hurt their customers for using a beta? Even if its not released officially, its not like they are going to charge for it when it is released so its not hurting RIM or their profits for us to use the beta.

That logic doesn't make since to me so i hope its not true.
    what would be asinine?
    06-04-08 01:06 PM
    I wouldn't blame RIM, it might be something w/ T-Mo phones, or T-mobile, search the forum under SIM card rejected, and you will see a hole slew of T-Mobile customers with the same problem.
    06-05-08 05:19 PM
    Sometimes you have to handle your business before you release something new. The other thing is that they might notb be doing it on purpose. They could have conflicting problems you know change one thing and it affects others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 07:38 PM
    Help!! my BB has got JUM Error 104 and has asked me to scroll for available commands. Then when I press continue is gives me a system failure and to reset. nothing happens and it brings me back to the same error. tried connecting to my desktop manager but it could not identify my BB pin
    07-02-08 12:16 AM
    As has been said, this is a T-Mobile + OS 4.5 + SIM card issue. I am not sure if RIM is doing this and I do not fully understand why it should happen but it has been reported several times.

That's whay it's a beta release. It ain't ready for the world yet.

The good news is that T-Mobile will alwyas replace your card because abve all,, they want your call revenue. This is why I do not believe that RIM is doing this.
    07-02-08 05:11 AM
    Help!! my BB has got JUM Error 104 and has asked me to scroll for available commands. Then when I press continue is gives me a system failure and to reset. nothing happens and it brings me back to the same error. tried connecting to my desktop manager but it could not identify my BB pin
    If your phone is under warranty, take it back to the store and smile nicely. They will give you a new phone.

Here is what RIM have to say about JVM error 104
    104 An uncaught Java exception was thrown in the Java code and diagnosed by the JVM. Execution can be continued or the handheld can be attached to a debugger on a desktop through a serial or USB cable. The event log should contain the traceback of the thrown exception. I did not understand it either....
    07-02-08 05:15 AM
    I don't know if this is relevant to this problem, but I'm sure that I read in one of the many posts about 4.5 on Bb forums that for the 4.5 os to install properly you need to have the 4.5 Desktop Manager. So could having an earlier version of the desktop software than the OS have caused the Roxio/ PC meltdown that MJGEGB referred to at the top of the thread?
    07-02-08 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD