Okay I went ahead and updated my OS on my curve to the 4.5 with a version from singapore so I could have all the cool new features and it looks great and works great. I have one issue, i can no longer modify my address book from the unit. When i try to add custom ringtones or pictures to existing entries i get " address updated externally" and it goes back to what it was. Any ideas on how to fix this. I tried to change my settings on my desktop manager to no avail.
    07-31-08 02:02 PM
    hadn't seen that one yet? better check mine
    07-31-08 02:08 PM
    I have the same problem also. But, it was happening before I upgraded the OS. I thought it might be the OS but its not. Some are saying it possibly may be a corrupt entry in your contacts or a program that is causing the problem. It will save if you cycle menu-save a couple of times and then exit contacts and reopen. Mine did. I am still working on this, if I find a fix I will post it. Good luck.
    08-06-08 10:16 PM
    I would reload the OS. Wipe your berry with JL_CMDER and then install again.
    08-06-08 10:19 PM
    OK. I am not sure if this is a good fix, but I deleted over 100 contacts of the 500+ contacts that I have accumulated over the years. I also found some contacts that had ring tones that are not in my library and changed it to current ring tines that I have. So far it is working fine. Give it a try. If that does not work, try the above listed technique.
    08-06-08 11:03 PM
    Quick advice when posting about issues with your OS, include the build level and device model for thos of us on WAP! You know, something like 83200 on 4.5.0.69. Just let's more of us help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD