ive talked to my rep that helped me buy a bb and he told me at/t will be coming out with 4.5 in a few weeks.. dunno which vers. tho.. but its coming out real soon.. he's running it on his bb as we speak and so far.. looks good from what he told me..

im super excited!!
    07-28-08 03:04 PM
    yeah OS 4.5 is pretty cool
    07-28-08 03:07 PM
    With already running 4.5, I really don't care much about the official release anymore.
    07-28-08 03:22 PM
    With already running 4.5, I really don't care much about the official release anymore.
    hahah i have to second your opinion with the betas running just fine, making it official doesnt seem to be a big deal to me anymore. But for other users waiting for the official it will be all good.
    07-28-08 03:26 PM
    just thought i'd let you guys know that its real close since he's running it on his phone.. n_n
    07-28-08 03:28 PM
    im def glad u did let us know and thanks.
    07-28-08 03:33 PM
    i should also add that when i was talking to him, he didnt noticed any lag/freezing while looking thru his phone.. he hasnt had much time to play around with it but from what he told me.. its spot-on..
    07-28-08 03:39 PM
    The version he was running may or may not be the final version, or even a version that is in AT&T testing. Most reps dont have the versions currently in testing, especially business reps. they usually have a version that is stable and runs well, but not the final release. For instance, .55 has been released for the 8310 and is very stable, but .69 is in testing right now.
    07-28-08 03:48 PM
    So do we have any idea when I can get the new OS for my ATT Curve 8300?
    07-28-08 03:49 PM
    The version he was running may or may not be the final version, or even a version that is in AT&T testing. Most reps dont have the versions currently in testing, especially business reps. they usually have a version that is stable and runs well, but not the final release. For instance, .55 has been released for the 8310 and is very stable, but .69 is in testing right now.
    ahh.. i see.. good to know..

So do we have any idea when I can get the new OS for my ATT Curve 8300?
    he just told me a few weeks.. looking at late august/early september

im currently running 4.5.0.55 and its running quite nice
    07-28-08 04:22 PM
    Late august/early September is also the target release for the 9000 on ATT.
    07-28-08 04:24 PM
    4.5 is great! I love the new look and web browser is nicer!
    07-28-08 04:27 PM
    So how can I upgrade my ATT 8300 to the new OS??
    07-30-08 11:00 AM
    Bought a Pearl in December and had nothing but problems. Dropped calls, poor clarity, laggy OS. So when my local carrier got bought out by ATT I was talked into a Curve. Told the antenna was stronger, no more dropped calls, more clear, etc. Bought the Curve, haven't seen one ounce of difference. I went back to the store, they said it was probably a faulty phone and swapped me out for another. Spent the better part of a day re-setting my berry to suit my preferences and what do you know...nothing's changed. I still drop more calls than I complete, not that anyone can hear me it's so choppy. The OS is much faster, though. I'm running 4.2.2.117. Will 4.5 help me with my problems? I'm beyond frustrated, I'm furious.
    07-30-08 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the update man!
    07-30-08 12:51 PM
    Bought a Pearl in December and had nothing but problems. Dropped calls, poor clarity, laggy OS. So when my local carrier got bought out by ATT I was talked into a Curve. Told the antenna was stronger, no more dropped calls, more clear, etc. Bought the Curve, haven't seen one ounce of difference. I went back to the store, they said it was probably a faulty phone and swapped me out for another. Spent the better part of a day re-setting my berry to suit my preferences and what do you know...nothing's changed. I still drop more calls than I complete, not that anyone can hear me it's so choppy. The OS is much faster, though. I'm running 4.2.2.117. Will 4.5 help me with my problems? I'm beyond frustrated, I'm furious.
    I don't think it's the phone, might be service. Where do you live? Before I updated my phone, I had great service crystal clear, even now. I'm in Central Florida.
    07-30-08 01:33 PM
    I can't wait to update to 4.5. I really want to take advantage of the new features on it. I'm going to wait for the full supported AT&T release because I never enjoyed any kind of BETA software. I'm picky like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD