Is it possible to delete the OS off my BB then reinstall it again?

The problem is my voicemail indicator has been on my screen for about two months since I upgraded my software. I think I had new voicemails when I initially did the upgrade meaning the indicator was there from the old OS to the new OS. Now its like its permanently stuck. I wanna try just taking the OS off the phone to see if that will take the indicator away then put the OS back on the phone.

Please help.
    08-15-08 08:22 AM
    You can "brick" your device and start over. I recommend using CrackMem, the link is in my signature. Just make sure you do a backup.
    08-15-08 08:27 AM
    1) Backup with DesktopManager
    2) Backup Third Party Apps
    3) Wipe Device
    4) Restore from backup
    5) Restore third party apps

That should do it, no re-install required!
    08-15-08 08:28 AM
    I have actually wiped my deviced more than 5 times and its still there. That was the first thing I thought would do the trick. Thank you though.
    08-15-08 08:31 AM
    You can "brick" your device and start over. I recommend using CrackMem, the link is in my signature. Just make sure you do a backup.
    Thank you I'll try that!
    08-15-08 08:31 AM
    Is "bricking" my phone the same as wiping the phone? I was reading over the stuff on CrackMem
    08-15-08 08:37 AM
    This may sound odd, but I noticed the last time that happened to me all I had to do was call myself and leave a message, then delete it and the indicator cleared. Or sometimes sending yourself a text message will do the trick.
    Might be worth a shot.
    08-15-08 08:54 AM
    Thank you Iv tried leaving myself a message and it wont go away.
    08-15-08 08:57 AM
    Is "bricking" my phone the same as wiping the phone? I was reading over the stuff on CrackMem
    Bricking your phone removes the OS and everything else. Wiping puts the BB back to factory condition.
    08-15-08 08:58 AM
    Opinions are divided on the worth of the wiping step.

Some feel wiping the memory clean before restoring from a backup has an advantage, others feel the step is unnecessary because backup will overwrite anything in memory anyway.

The same applies to deliberately bricking a phone. IMHO, there is no reason to do it, Application Loader totally overwrites the contents of device memory.

In your case, trying to treat a screen symbol with a OS reload is pointless. There is a root cause and every new build will respond the same way.

Having said that, your device is your responsibility, it does no harm to reload the OS, over and over again.
    08-15-08 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD