Ok, Last report: Uninstalled 4.5, 4.3 and installed 4.2. wiped the BB and then did the 4.5 install from that point. All works perfect but the Youtube videos.
    04-06-08 07:24 PM
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

http://ww.youtube.com/mobile (Add the extra W) the reason I took out the w so it will not hyperlink so you can see the full address.

You have to go the backway because everytime I type in m.youtube.com and just dont work, takes me to another site. so once you get there, book mark it and that way you can punch it in and get there directly everytime.
    Last edited by Txaircraftmech; 04-06-08 at 07:45 PM.
    04-06-08 07:34 PM
    I believe this has been covered.

AT&T BB - No Youtube
    T-Mo - Yes

If anyone on AT&T has any luck, please remember the steps you took. I don't even use Youtube, but it's great to have...

Charlie, bit meh!!! (funny youtube baby!)
    04-06-08 07:51 PM
    I got the 4.5 OS link and tried to download it. I unzipped the files and it went into my BB downloads. When I launched the app loader, I saw it there, but when I clicked on it, it wouldn't do anything. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    I'm so confused, as usual!
    I'm a bit confused by what you said you did, but here goes with what you should do. Download the update file. Uninstall the device software that you currently have on your BB from your home computer. Once that is done Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.3 installed on your computer (this is a must). After you have done that go to the downloaded OS update file and double click it. Install it on your computer. Once it is installed go into your files c:\program files\common files\research in motion\app loader Find the vendor.xml file and delete it. Now when you connect your device to your computer and start Desktop manager it should prompt you to upgrade.
    04-07-08 05:32 AM
    I believe this has been covered.

AT&T BB - No Youtube
    T-Mo - Yes

If anyone on AT&T has any luck, please remember the steps you took. I don't even use Youtube, but it's great to have...

Charlie, bit meh!!! (funny youtube baby!)
    I have an 8310 and my experience with YouTube is a bit hit and miss. Part of the time it works and part of the time not. Make sure you have a really strong signal is my only suggestion, however I do have a thought on why it may not be working well. For streaming video you do need a good strong steady signal and my experience with this OS is that it has network holding issues. I am on Centennial Wireless here in Indiana and my phone drops signal completely at least 3-4 times per day, its out for 3 or 4 seconds and then it reconnects. This happens even when I am outside and it doesn't matter how strong the signal is it just drops randomly.

Not much help I know, but it's my 2 cents worth.
    04-07-08 05:45 AM
    For youtube video to work, you need to make the right entry under APN.

For tmobile

wap.voicestream.com
    user name and password blank
    04-07-08 12:57 PM
    please pm me the download link! i'd greatly appreciate it!

[email protected] is the email.
    04-07-08 01:23 PM
    How does the new OS (when GA) get pushed out to all users?
    04-07-08 01:40 PM
    Please send me the please pm me the download link!! I'd really appreciate it!
    My email is [email protected]
    04-07-08 02:27 PM
    Once it is installed go into your files c:\program files\common files\research in motion\app loader Find the vendor.xml file and delete it. Now when you connect your device to your computer and start Desktop manager it should prompt you to upgrade.
    From my above post with the volume on Telenav being about half now, I didn't delete the Vendor.xml file before I installed 4.5. Could this be causing problems for me like the problem I am having? What would happen since I didn't delete the file?

Any ideas? And thanks for any help.
    04-07-08 02:34 PM
    Anymore posts to the download link for the beta version of 4.5 will be removed and the people involved will be banned.

Thread is locked.
    04-07-08 02:40 PM
211 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD