ok thanks its working now, has anyone figured out how to fix the youtube error message when playin a vid?
    03-30-08 09:58 AM
    I haven't seen anyone else post this, so perhaps I am alone here... since the 4.5 upgrade on my 8310, I seem to have lost MMS capability. Can't send or receive pics, vids, or voice notes, they all just fail with a red X. SMS and BES / Exchange email still work, as does internet browsing.

When I upgraded I didn't do a full javaloader wipe beforehand, so I'm going to try that now and reinstall.

With the exception of blackberry maps disappearing, a one time self initiated reboot, and the loss of MMS, everything else is working beautifully.
    03-30-08 10:56 AM
    I haven't seen anyone else post this, so perhaps I am alone here... since the 4.5 upgrade on my 8310, I seem to have lost MMS capability. Can't send or receive pics, vids, or voice notes, they all just fail with a red X. SMS and BES / Exchange email still work, as does internet browsing.

When I upgraded I didn't do a full javaloader wipe beforehand, so I'm going to try that now and reinstall.

With the exception of blackberry maps disappearing, a one time self initiated reboot, and the loss of MMS, everything else is working beautifully.
    I had that problem with the 4.3.1 beta... i couldnt do anything with MMS. on the 4.5 it works like a charm... just the lose of my BBsmart Email viewer but they said that when the new release of the OS comes out they will be releasing an updated version as well..
    03-30-08 11:11 AM
    Well, I am seriously thinking about trying to move my 8310 from 4.2 to 4.5. I have read everyone's post and I see a reaccurring theme that troubles me:

*Signal problems - seems more then one person said Signal problems are an issue. What is the definative here? Should I wait?

*I have BES - Will I see html emails?

*BB Maps - If it is removed, how to I get it back? I am not keen to lose it.

*One person mentioned removing the vendor.xml. Do I need to do that? How?

Thanks to all.
    03-30-08 11:46 AM
    Well, I am seriously thinking about trying to move my 8310 from 4.2 to 4.5. I have read everyone's post and I see a reaccurring theme that troubles me:

*Signal problems - seems more then one person said Signal problems are an issue. What is the definative here? Should I wait?

*I have BES - Will I see html emails?

*BB Maps - If it is removed, how to I get it back? I am not keen to lose it.

*One person mentioned removing the vendor.xml. Do I need to do that? How?

Thanks to all.
    I would wait seeing as you will be using this phone for work I wouldnt be chancing it with all the following issues.
    03-30-08 12:06 PM
    Ty purp. Thats what i did. Is anyone seeing. Errors. Uncaught. 5 and. 17?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 12:10 PM

Javaloader wiped, reinstalled 4.5 and most everything is working now. Can send pics, vids and voicenotes, can receive pics and voicenotes but not vids. I get a message that says it was deleted by MMS adaptation because the message was too large (133k) or unsuitable for my terminal. The video plays fine in the sent message. Works fine in the 8120 and 8130, so I can only assume it's another bug that will be fixed when the official 4.5 OS is released.
    03-30-08 12:18 PM
    Good stuff everyone. Hopefully I can get my hands on it also.

03-30-08 01:19 PM
    Is there a beta 4.5 for 8310 or is everyone loading the 8320 version?
    03-30-08 01:22 PM
    there is a 4.5 beta for the 8310. and i've also noticed that under Options>Advanced Options> GPS that there is a "Location Aiding" option now.
    Last edited by boxsetz; 03-30-08 at 01:40 PM.
    03-30-08 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the quick response boxsetz! someone pm me some breadcrumbs!
    03-30-08 01:27 PM
    so by the sounds of it , it doesnt seem stable, so should I not bother with installing it?
    03-30-08 01:28 PM
    There's no problems going back to 4.2 if you're unhappy rite?

03-30-08 01:32 PM
    nope, just go to add/remove programs on your PC. Uninstall 4.5 then when you load DM and click applications it will ask you if you're sure you would like to go to the older version OS.
    03-30-08 01:35 PM
    also how do i go back to old firmware if there is problems with 45
    03-30-08 01:36 PM
    Are there any o.s. downloads for the 8300 that will let u record video If so where do i need to get it.
    I thnk that MultiPlay - Music player, recorder and file manager from Dollars 5 Complete will do this. It has the advantage that it is also free.
    03-30-08 01:42 PM
    lets just say im in the mood to get a good movie from a torrent site. Which one should I use? PM the answer if you want.
    03-30-08 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the quick response boxsetz! someone pm me some breadcrumbs!
    not a problem!
    03-30-08 01:56 PM
    Can someone tell me where to get the upgrade? I have been searching and searching. Thanks and also how do I install it? I installed the upgrade for 8320 and it doesn't seen to work.
    James
    03-30-08 02:36 PM
    Quick Assesment, youtube does not work nor does orb, video recording does, anyone know fixes for orb and youtube?
    03-30-08 02:44 PM
    it will probably be fixed in the official release of 4.5
    03-30-08 02:48 PM
    Here is a little hint for those looking for stuff that has links removed, when its created it will most likely be cached by google so narrow the google search to the thread as close as possible, when you get the hit, click cached...voila you have the link.
    03-30-08 03:06 PM
    try doing a battery pull (leave out 20 seconds) then reboot and see if the problem is fixed with youtube. Hint: not all videos are available for mobile streaming.
    03-30-08 03:48 PM
    lol you didnt get it nevermind
    I did!!
    03-30-08 04:20 PM
    Hi Peg--Can you suggest a youtube video that you know works on yours for us to try with the upgrade. It seems like every video I pick gives me an error. According to youtube help, it uses 3GP streaming which is what upgrade is supposed to support.
    03-30-08 04:52 PM
211 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD