Okay so I have the new 4.5 update. It is okay but I have some issues and do not want to go back to 4.2. First off I need my GPS, mainly google maps for hiking and amAze for navigation. After the install I do not think the GPS is working correctly. It is turned on in the phone but when I go to the apps it does not show my correct position. It is even miles off and jumps around all over the place. I used to get nearly exact location before the update. I believe they are only using triangulation not GPS.

Second issue is with video. I updated to 4.5 for youtube. Now I have no video. Blueapple used to let me watch video with out saving to memory. Now I have to save to media file so I can watch. Youtube and others now say that the media is not supported by my network.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Blackberry 8310 curve
    Centennial Wireless carrier
    08-30-08 07:58 AM
    Okay so I have the new 4.5 update. It is okay but I have some issues and do not want to go back to 4.2. First off I need my GPS, mainly google maps for hiking and amAze for navigation. After the install I do not think the GPS is working correctly. It is turned on in the phone but when I go to the apps it does not show my correct position. It is even miles off and jumps around all over the place. I used to get nearly exact location before the update. I believe they are only using triangulation not GPS.

Blackberry 8310 curve
    Centennial Wireless carrier
    Mine does that at first too. It triangulates first, then after it gets a good signal, it settles on the exact location. Does yours ever correct itself after awhile?
    08-30-08 08:57 AM
    No, It jumps from location to location. Sometimes it shows 20 miles away. On4.2 OS it would lock down pretty much right away. When I would zoom in I could just about track every step. Now it is useless. I may have to revert back to 4.2. Navigation on amAaze is now also useless. I hope there is a fix for this because we are hiking unknown territory tomorrow

8310 curve 4.5.0.55
    08-30-08 09:44 AM
    Same problem - after installing the 4.5.0.55 i cannot get satellites no matter what (in out waiting etc - nothing works) .. refresh GPS from Adv. Settings shows 0 sats / 0 accuracy and 0 cords .. ?!?
    08-30-08 08:43 PM
    my google map app works just fine. i freshly installed it after the switch to 4.5 and it gets my position as close as i have seen on others peoples phones. not sure what the problem could be....?
    08-30-08 09:10 PM
    it was not working on Curve 8310 - on Tmobile - and latest Gmaps software (or WLS or Berry-Maps) ..

-BUT- once i switched to 4.5.0.69 it was FASTER than ever before !!

and i also realized that the icon in camera-mode that shows the that the geotagging is enabled now changes to a sat-icon (no red-x) when the location is fixed !! i like thta they fixed that (it was not working on 4.5.0.2 or whatever i had before) !!
    Last edited by APcell; 08-31-08 at 03:29 PM.
    08-31-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD