Ok so this issue may only apply to os 4.5 because I'm pretty sure I didn't see this before upgading. But I have this turned on to enabled and set to clean memory after an hour of idle time. But I realized that everytime I do a battery pull that this option is turned to "disabled" and I have to turn it back on.

Any tip to fix this? Or is this just a beta bug?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 03:29 AM
    This is a known issue with OS 4.5.
    07-16-08 04:33 AM
    It was on my Pearl 8130 from Sprint and it had 4.3 OEM. It defaulted OFF when you did a battery pull too.
    07-16-08 05:16 AM
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread but what exactly does this option do? I have mine set to "disabled", is it better to "enable" it? What exactly does it do? I'm still running 4.3 OS...
    07-16-08 07:51 AM
    Yeah this was an issue with my pearl, and now my curve with OE OS. Sounds like a RIM thing.
    07-16-08 09:29 AM
    Its the same in the pearl too I always have to go back in and reset my options

07-16-08 09:33 AM
    As Kronk said this IS an ongoing issue with the beta. However, if you were not so anal about the memory, this wouldn't bother you so much-- as I'm sure you have plenty of available memory. LMAO.

07-16-08 09:34 AM
    I am curious as to what it does too

07-16-08 10:12 AM
    Mine stays enabled after a battery pull. It has in every 4.5 I've installed since I found it. I also have it set to show the icon on the home screen.
    07-16-08 10:21 AM
    As Kronk said this IS an ongoing issue with the beta. However, if you were not so anal about the memory, this wouldn't bother you so much-- as I'm sure you have plenty of available memory. LMAO.

You think youre reeeeaalll funny dont ya!!?? Actually my main concearn was that perhaps this was conflicting with my autostandby app. Perhaps i will change it so there is an icon on the screen, seems like that is working for the above poster.
    07-16-08 02:04 PM
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread but what exactly does this option do? I have mine set to "disabled", is it better to "enable" it? What exactly does it do? I'm still running 4.3 OS...
    Memory cleaner basically will basically just free up some memory after your phone is idle for a specified amount of time, once it starts running it cleans the following:

Address book Cache
    Certificate Search
    Certificate Status Manager
    Clipboard
    Content Protection Cache
    Encrypted Messages
    Keystore
    Pgp Key Search
    07-16-08 02:09 PM
    My question is and I'm on OS 4.5 on a curve, why isn't the enabled by default. I too have to go back and re-enable the option after a battery pull. Anyone wanna put in some input?

What exactly are these options that are listed above??

07-17-08 12:35 PM
    Yeah, according to others in this thread this is a small "bug" in os 4.5. You have to keep enableing it after battery pulls
    07-17-08 03:30 PM
    I always have 48mb's free...whats the point of enabling memory cleaner lol...
    07-17-08 04:57 PM
    I always have 48mb's free...whats the point of enabling memory cleaner lol...
    Some of us are not so lucky to have 96Mb of device memory to begin with!
    07-17-08 05:23 PM
    Some of us are not so lucky to have 96Mb of device memory to begin with!
    Lol, my thoughts exactly!
    07-17-08 05:34 PM
    I actually thought the purpose of the memory cleaner wasn't so much recovering memory as security. The way it is described in the manual, it is a security application, not something to really increase memory.

Here is one post by Chaz that might help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mem...44/#post175926

and another that gives a full rundown on what this app does from the Pearl user manual:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mem...tml#post245965
    07-19-08 05:09 PM
    im really excited about this
    07-19-08 06:11 PM
    I actually thought the purpose of the memory cleaner wasn't so much recovering memory as security. The way it is described in the manual, it is a security application, not something to really increase memory.

Here is one post by Chaz that might help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mem...44/#post175926

and another that gives a full rundown on what this app does from the Pearl user manual:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mem...tml#post245965
    You are correct. The amount of memory it will free up is negligible...just cached passwords and such. It can be set to run automatically when the blackberry is holstered or idle. It doesn't need to be an icon on the home screen.
    07-19-08 07:19 PM
    On my 8330 it resets itself every time I change the home screen image.

Anyone else have this glitch?

07-28-08 04:12 PM
    On my 8330 it resets itself every time I change the home screen image.

Anyone else have this glitch?

I believe that has been reported previously. Is it being disabled by the screen change, or just removed from the screen? As long as it's not being disabled, you don't need it on the home screen. It can be set to run after 5 minutes of idle time, without being on the screen.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-28-08 at 08:03 PM. Reason: typo
    07-28-08 08:03 PM
    It's disabled not just the icon being removed. It's very bizarre.

07-29-08 08:15 AM
    It's disabled not just the icon being removed. It's very bizarre.

If you look back to the beginning of this thread, that's a known issue with 4.5.
    07-29-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD