Can anyone share their experiences with this OS? Any issues you've encountered or do you love it? and what are the upgrades? Does it just fix bugs or does it actually add something new to the berry?
    Thanks!
    10-16-08 09:42 AM
    I'm not using it, but just common sense leads me to this conclusion:
    4.5.0.93 is just a beta release. There must at least a few things different, or some potential fixes for shortcomings of previous software. It should, theoretically, have more 'bugs' than, 4.5.0.81, which is an official release. The whole point of releasing beta software is for evaluation to expose, and then fix, any bugs that may be there before it can become an official release. 4.5.0.81 should be generally bug-free. I haven't had any problems with it yet.
    Last edited by tardman91; 10-16-08 at 10:05 AM.
    10-16-08 10:03 AM
    4.5.0.93 is just a beta release. There must at least a few things different, or some potential fixes for shortcomings of previous software. It should, theoretically, have more 'bugs' than, 4.5.0.81, which is an official release. The whole point of releasing beta software is for evaluation to expose, and then fix, any bugs that may be there before it can become an official release. 4.5.0.81 should be generally bug-free. I haven't had any problems with it yet.
    Thanks! Good point!
    Can you give me the link for the .81 because when I go to the sticky at the beginning of the forum it doesn't work for me...it shows me two really weird OS like 4.2 and something else...Am I doing something wrong or??
    10-16-08 10:08 AM
    I used the sticky. I downloaded the multilanguage one.
    I also read that .93 fixed the volume issue that people cpmplained of with the .81 upgrade, but I can't speak from experience.
    Last edited by tardman91; 10-16-08 at 10:25 AM.
    10-16-08 10:19 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/wha...-0-93-a-81304/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...-online-80254/

Here are a couple of threads that will give plenty of opinions
    10-16-08 11:02 AM
    I'm actually using it and unlike tardman93 can tell from hands on expirience its problem free on ATT network. I've installed every version since 4.2.2 and .93 is the best by far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 03:46 PM
    I'm actually using it and unlike tardman93 can tell from hands on expirience its problem free on ATT network. I've installed every version since 4.2.2 and .93 is the best by far.

Agree completely. On ATT, no problems detected after a week or so running it.
    10-16-08 04:28 PM
    AT&T user here also and I've been using it a week or more problem free as well!
    10-16-08 05:25 PM
    T-Mobile cannot connect to Wi-Fi networks. Other than that no problems.

10-16-08 05:33 PM
    i have had it a little over a week and it has been my favorite os thus far...
    10-16-08 05:44 PM
    Had this for about a week and no issues so far.I've noticed a slight increase in sound quality when playing music.

10-16-08 06:34 PM
    why not downgrade to.81 and see if that helps?
    10-16-08 06:44 PM
    i know you dont like the sound of .81, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices when it comes to beta os's

you have to choose what is more important to you
    10-16-08 07:02 PM
    If that's your reasoning then there was NEVER and official OS from RIM, never. .81 was as much of a beta as .93 is. RIM will always realease updates so then every release will be a beta...

10-16-08 08:34 PM
    I've been using .93 since it was first mentioned on CB, so far no problems or errors.

Memory has been stable and have not had to do any battery pulls since I loaded .81, except for one game (tetris clone), that hung after installing it.

8320/4.5.0.93

10-16-08 08:40 PM
    so far after a day all I can say is that the memory leak is even worse. Just sitting doing nothing the phone loses 5mb of memory in about an hour...
    10-17-08 02:40 AM
    TMo user here and have no problems whatsover. WiFi, BT, everything works as it should.
    10-17-08 07:47 AM
    Can anyone share their experiences with this OS? Any issues you've encountered or do you love it? and what are the upgrades? Does it just fix bugs or does it actually add something new to the berry?
    Thanks!

I upgraded lastnight and everything went just fine!! I didn't backup the following application: cnn.mobile.com,crackberry,npr.mobile and google maps and everything was still there after the upgrade. I'm not sure if they were suppose to erase, but they didn't. The only thing that i can't find is the DOCS TOGO, don't know if this is something that i'm suppose to download on it's own!?!?!? Overall it was painless and i have a SPRINT 8330!
    10-17-08 09:57 AM
    I am using .81 and have not noticed any problems I'm waiting for the official .93 befre moving forward

10-17-08 10:04 AM
    I am using .81 and have not noticed any problems I'm waiting for the official .93 befre moving forward

Same here. Until I can download it directly from RIMs site I'm not going to use it. Where do you guys get it from anyhow? And if it's on RIMs website, then excuse me for sounding stupid. lol.
    10-17-08 12:47 PM
    Garz' U have the same operating system. 4.5.0.93. Do you have any bluetooth stereo headsets and have you found a problem on 4.5.0.93?
    I dont have bluetooth headphones but I use a bluetooth adapter to listen to my music through my car stereo and it works great.
    10-17-08 01:02 PM
    I installed .93 on my 8320 on Wednesday, and so far so good. Slight memory leak, but it seems to be getting more stable. No issues with anything at all!
    10-17-08 01:06 PM
    Oh, by the way, 4.5.0.93 has the best sound now of all the platforms, though it is beta. Even 8.1 was tinny and lower.
    foreals? i've been waiting for a version of 4.5 to have the same speaker volume sound as the 4.2. i certainly hope so!!!!!!!!!
    10-17-08 01:13 PM
    I had the same problem with .93 and .81.......my phone would just reboot and of course the volume but tht wasn't a big deal it was tild to reformat my media card and I did tht I even bought a new one and it did the same thing kept rebooting my phone...

10-17-08 01:54 PM
    T-Mobile cannot connect to Wi-Fi networks. Other than that no problems.

Weird, I can connect to my home WIFI, but my work does not showup.
    10-21-08 07:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD