ok im having trouble downloading operamini

i have the bbcurve 8310 from at&t unlocked so that it can work for my tmobile account.

-im pretty sure that i have the correct tcp settings
    APN: wap.cingular
    username for apn: [email protected]
    password for apn: CINGULAR1

("wap.voicestream.com" doesnt work because my phone is from cingular not tmobile even though i am using the tmobile network.)=is this correct?

i have already updated the latest os on my phone.

when i go to the opera mini site on my phone it says

"your phone model could not be detected. High memory and low memory versions of opera mini are available. We recommend that you download the low memory version, unless you are certain that your phone will have enough memory to run the high memory version."

i know i have enough memory because i just got my phone and i have a new 2gb memory card in my phone. i have no other applications on my phone.

when i download the older versions they work but the operamini 4 doesnt work. i dont know why because the other ones work and im using a 2gb memory. is that not enough memory? lol

when i try to install the operamini 4 this happens:
    first it says:
    "the application operamini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. would you like to allow this?" and i selected yes

then it says:
    "the application operamini has attempted to access the network. would you like to allow this?" and i selected yes

then it installs like 3/4ths of the way and says:
    "Failed to connect to the internet.(go to operamini.com/help with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for internet settings.)"

I CONTACTED MY SERVICE PROVIDER AND BASICALLY THEY WERE NO HELP.

CAN SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!
    11-24-07 04:32 PM
    I've had problems with Operamini also, so I just gave up and deleted. I know that it has something to do w/ T-MO. Any suggestions from others will help.
    11-24-07 04:34 PM
    i kinda feel stupid now. lol because the first time i tried putting the voicestream stuff it didnt work i guess because i didnt have the latest os. so i thought i had to use the cingular tcp.
    so i updated my os and figured that the voicestream wouldnt work and kept using cingulars tcp but i thought id give it another shot and the voicestream ended up working.
    11-24-07 04:44 PM
    Am on Vodafone and am facing the same problem with Operamini as stated by ayobsquared74...I think it is not a carrier issue but an issue with Opera Mini...
    11-25-07 05:58 AM
    Am on Vodafone and am facing the same problem with Operamini as stated by ayobsquared74...I think it is not a carrier issue but an issue with Opera Mini...
    Tried loading opera (vodafone 8310) - three versions - low memory, high memory and beta 4... none of them work. I just keep getting message saying cannot connect to internet. Vodafone can't help - they say it's probably a faulty handset... nonsense.
    Generic browser works fine.
    12-21-07 05:15 AM
    I have help; out a couple of people on this topic.

First of all look at the other opera mini postings. There has been a couple good ones in the last week.

Second, this is an important step.
    got to operamini.com
    select help
    select connection
    select settings page
    select your country
    select your provider

For the person that unlock their BB to work on t-mobile, you must set wap for t-mobile (w/o contract) for the provider selection on the opera mini provider page.

I used to have all these headaches too.
    12-21-07 10:24 AM
    you have to use your carrier TPC settings if your on at&t you cant hook up through TMO
    12-21-07 12:20 PM
    this is hit and miss on t-mobile uk. some phones can do it others cannot, dataplan is not a factor either. just one of those things.
    01-11-08 10:50 AM
    When i go onto operamini.com on my BB it says it doesnt recognize my phone device and wont let me DL the new opera mini 4. i beleive i can DL the old version 3, but i was going to see what you guys thought i should do first. I have a Curve 8310 with AT&T. Anyone have any ideas that might help?? thanks
    01-11-08 01:56 PM
    if your on t-mobile, you have to use their APN
    01-11-08 04:41 PM
    Berryman posted this in another forum:
    ... from your Blackberry browser go to www.mini.opera.com

You might get a message stating that your phone model could not be detected > scroll down the same page - then select link "Download high memory version US English"
    Doing what Berryman stated above worked for me after having trouble at the www.operamini.com website.

Good Luck!

Suzy
    01-11-08 05:03 PM
    if your on t-mobile, you have to use their APN

!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter who made your phone, your APN settings are specific to your carrier. If using T-mobile, it MUST say wap.voicestream.com
    01-11-08 06:28 PM
    I was having issues with getting Operamini to work as well, even after putting in the T-Mo APN. So I took the battery out, waited a few minutes, and it worked. Greatest thing!
    01-11-08 08:53 PM
    I was having issues with getting Operamini to work as well, even after putting in the T-Mo APN. So I took the battery out, waited a few minutes, and it worked. Greatest thing!
    battery pull is usually the first line of troubleshooting. glad you got it working
    01-11-08 09:06 PM
    I also have the curve from ATT and this is what worked for me. Using media net rather than the bb browser go to www.opera.mini.com and download from there. I then just said yes to everything. It is working fine. Let us know if you have any luck. di
    01-11-08 09:51 PM
    i finaly managed to get mine working, goto the opera mini website and download it to pc, install from there worked for me
    02-06-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD