i downloaded opera mini yesterday and i gotta say its pretty cool. is there a way to make it my default internet browser?
    11-03-08 08:22 AM
    No, there is not.

i use OM as well though as a backup!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 08:25 AM
    I use OM 95% of the time. I only use the BB browser with links from email or when I want something different.

11-03-08 10:16 AM
    Really? No way to make opera mini the default? I just got my first BB yesterday, and I'm still getting it set up...

Opera mini is working great, but there are two websites that I need to be able to access several times daily - through e-mail links!

And neither of these sites works using the default browser!

Is it really my only option to just copy the links from e-mail and paste into opera mini???

Ugh, what a pain.
    11-08-08 11:36 PM
    Copy and paste the links into Opera Mini will be your only option. After you've visited the site, you can bookmark it and set it up as a speed dial within Opera Mini.

11-08-08 11:42 PM
    Ha ha, wow! I just noticed that there are about a million threads asking this same question!

Bookmarking won't really work for me, though, because I could only bookmark the main site, but then I'd still have to navigate to the specific new page (or paste the url, which is, I guess, what I'll be doing)...

What about the new 4.5 browser? I just read in some other threads that a lot of people seem to like that one... If these sites won't work on the current browser, do you think they'd work on 4.5?

Thanks!
    11-08-08 11:50 PM
    i don't see a difference with the blackberry browser from 4.3 to 4.5. The same sites that the native browser could not handle before the upgrade haven't changed after.

For example teva.com and orbitz.com i use opera mini for both of those sites.

i'm just glad opera mini is an option

11-09-08 04:09 AM
    I among those who use both. OM works better for me on some sites, and the BB browser for others. Mobile specific sites seem to work better for me in the BB broswer. As far as changing it to default, I can't make that change on the 8330. May another model of BB can alter that setting, I don't know.
    11-09-08 07:09 AM
    It would be pretty nice if we could set it as the default browser.

11-09-08 07:52 AM
    Hey gtotheron, welcome to the CB addiction and the family!
    11-09-08 09:02 AM
    I keep getting the following error message when loading Oprea via desktop manager to my 8330.

Warnings were encountered during the loading process:

The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid.

operette$2dhifi.cod

I'm on a BES server, it this an IT restriction or is there a security setting that can be changed on my phone?

Thanks
    11-10-08 11:26 AM
    4.2 beta has been released. I'm testing it out. So far so good. You can change the skins. So far so good. On your phones browser:
    mini.opera.com/beta
    11-11-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD