I currently have my left convenience button assigned to Application Switcher. When I am in the miniOpera browser, that button does not work. However, since I do have it configured the way I do, Switch Application does not show up in miniOpera when I hit the BB Menu key. So, when I want to switch to my messaging app for a quick response to a new TXT, for example, I have to hit the red end call button. Is there anyway around this? Because a couple times (not too many and fortunately not when doing something important) I've hit the red end call button and after I was done responding to an email, I switched back to Opera and it behaved like I shut it down instead of just switched apps. My start page reloaded and I lost what I was doing.

Any ideas?
    02-09-09 01:18 AM
    I have tha same lack of option to switch apps in opera. I also have my left c key set to switch apps and that doesn't respond while using opera either. I do use the red end button to go to another screen while using opera, but have never had a case where it closes down or where I couldn't just go back into it (wherever I left off)...? Does when I hit the back curly arrow key by mistake :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 01:24 AM
    Yeah, so you feel my pain! heh

Oh, I have another question. I thought someone told me that Opera on the BB can support TABS - like PC browsers. Is that true? If so, how do I activate the feature? Im dying for this capability on my BB!!!
    02-09-09 01:27 AM
    Yeah, so you feel my pain! heh

Oh, I have another question. I thought someone told me that Opera on the BB can support TABS - like PC browsers. Is that true? If so, how do I activate the feature? Im dying for this capability on my BB!!!
    Not true I'm afraid - no tabbed browsing on BB :-(

02-09-09 03:02 AM
    Opera Mini seems to disable that feature. However you can push and hold the ALT button and then push the back button and it will bring up a similar application switcher.
    02-09-09 07:33 AM
    Any way to make opera the default browser and stop asking for permission????

02-09-09 11:34 AM
    Any way to make opera the default browser and stop asking for permission????

You can't set a 3rd party browser as default. Enable your firewall if you want your device to stop asking permission. It'll ask once after enabling, but thats it.
    02-09-09 11:42 AM
    opera mini does not recognize any convienence key unfortunatley, can you not hit bb button then scroll to switch app??

Or click and hold the BB button??
    02-09-09 12:31 PM
    When u have Application Switcher assigned to a convenience key, it no longer appears in the BB menu under any apps, anymore. However, arisenfury's suggestion of ALT + backbutton works perfectly! Thanks for the tip...
    02-09-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD