when i try to start opera mini for the first time its installing and near the end it says "cant connect to the internet" what am i doing wrong? (curve 8320 unlocked t-mobile)
    05-17-08 06:49 AM
    do you have the date and time set correctly? Mini does not like it if the date and time isnt right. Other than that check the permissions.
    05-17-08 08:36 AM
    You need to set up the APN.
    Go to settings/options, then advanced, down to APN and enter wap.voicestream.com.
    Leave user and password blank. Save it and you should be good to do. You may have to do a battery pull, but you should be ok without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 10:21 AM
    where can i find the permissions? and the apn "wap.voicestream.com" is that for t-mobile? becouse it is a unlocked tmobile phone but i have a belgian simcard in it from base
    05-17-08 11:48 AM
    where can i find the permissions? and the apn "wap.voicestream.com" is that for t-mobile? becouse it is a unlocked tmobile phone but i have a belgian simcard in it from base
    I'm actually having the same problem, on a 8320, with a mobistar simcard (belgian as wel )
    05-17-08 02:01 PM
    another belgian with this bb prob
    hellow bt the way
    05-18-08 03:57 AM
    The APN setting is found in Options, Advanced Options, TCP.

It is carrier specific so got to http://www.operamini.com/help/connect/ to find the setting for your carrier.
    05-18-08 04:38 AM
    i did that and still nothing....
    05-18-08 06:28 AM
    cant get it to work unfortunatly
    05-21-08 08:46 AM
    now its working
    05-21-08 08:48 AM
    If your TCP are definitely correct and your still getting the error, make sure you did not accidently say "no" to allow it to connnect to the internet and check the box to not ask you again. Go to Adv. Options -> Applications and go to Opera Mini. Click it and set permissions. Make sure it says allow to connect to network.

05-21-08 09:20 AM
    When I tried to download Opera mini, first it said phone type is not detected then supplied another link to Download it. When I did a message window popped up stating:

application is not from a trusted source do you still wish to download...

Does this have to do with the APN setting? I'm not trying to get a virus on the BB
    05-21-08 07:58 PM
    ^^ Anyone??
    05-22-08 08:28 PM
    i downloaded the Opera Mini, and when i click it on my BB8800 it says installing and after about half way through installation it says "The Application operette $2dhifu has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy." can anyone help me with this??
    05-26-08 05:10 PM
    Help !!!!! I have downloaded Operamini on my Pearl 8100 but cant find "accept" in the End license agreement........I know it's been a long day at work, but yikes! it can't be that hard.....
    06-04-08 07:59 PM
    Help !!!!! I have downloaded Operamini on my Pearl 8100 but cant find "accept" in the End license agreement........I know it's been a long day at work, but yikes! it can't be that hard.....
    at the bottom, hit menu - Accept will appear.
    06-04-08 08:01 PM
    Nevermind found it.
    06-04-08 08:05 PM
    I have the same prob

06-04-08 09:40 PM
    Push the help button( next to the pearl). It will show in the top right corner
    06-18-08 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD