Okay so i got the at&t sales representative to add a medianet package for me of 5 mb. I know that you could not use media net on a blackberry but i dont know how but it worked anyways. So i added Opera Mini. I only carefully go on the internet just so i dont go over my limit. I now use opera mini, can somebody tell me how much kilobytes opera mini uses per page or something like that.
    07-31-08 06:02 PM
    It depends what site you go to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 06:05 PM
    on the bottem of the page it tells me that 3/4kb loaded does that mean that the page was only 4 kb?
    07-31-08 06:07 PM
    I'm not sure if one can tell exactly how much data is transferred, but I know if you view webpages in "plain text" it'll utilize less than HTML pages. And try to visit wap pages-specific for mobile phones. Hopes this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 06:42 PM
    what is the average amount of kb per page? like say yahoo.com
    Last edited by Blackberry8310red; 07-31-08 at 06:55 PM.
    07-31-08 06:44 PM
    which opera is the best to use?
    07-31-08 10:14 PM
    Okay so i got the at&t sales representative to add a medianet package for me of 5 mb. I know that you could not use media net on a blackberry but i dont know how but it worked anyways. So i added Opera Mini. I only carefully go on the internet just so i dont go over my limit. I now use opera mini, can somebody tell me how much kilobytes opera mini uses per page or something like that.
    What data plan do you currently have? I believe ATT's Blackberry plan is unlimited data, so you shouldn't be worried about how many kb's you are using.
    07-31-08 11:11 PM
    What data plan do you currently have? I believe ATT's Blackberry plan is unlimited data, so you shouldn't be worried about how many kb's you are using.
    i am not on a blackberry plan. they gave me media net and it worked on my curve . i have 5mb of medianet. I told the sales rep that i have an unlocked phone that i switch my sim card with sometimes and i need to add medianet and they told me it was no problem. Now i am wondering if my charges will be high for overages since blackberries are not supposed to be using media net. Or will my data show up at all to my account?
    08-01-08 10:42 AM
    Media Net is supposed to work on your 8310. It was already on mine right out of the box. I'm on unlimited data so maybe that's why it shows up. The 5mb of Media Net you have is probably only if you start browsing Media Net and may not cover data transfered when your on Opera Mini?? I think if you can get to Media Net you must be on a Blackberry plan. Check your account on AT&T's web site to see your current data useage and overages, if there are any. Hopefully this helps a little.
    08-01-08 12:08 PM
    Best solution is to try and use mobile versions of the websites.

You can periodically check wireless.att.com and login to your account to find out. Keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours to update data.
    08-01-08 12:10 PM
    Media Net is supposed to work on your 8310. It was already on mine right out of the box. I'm on unlimited data so maybe that's why it shows up. The 5mb of Media Net you have is probably only if you start browsing Media Net and may not cover data transfered when your on Opera Mini?? I think if you can get to Media Net you must be on a Blackberry plan. Check your account on AT&T's web site to see your current data useage and overages, if there are any. Hopefully this helps a little.
    i actually get medianet by getting medianet on my account. i have no blackberry plan. heres proof type in www. img354.imageshack.us/img354/9748/12608510km1.png DELETE THE SPACE
    08-01-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD