Device blackberry 8300
    Cellular provider Cellularone/Dobson (purchased by ATT but still on Cellularone contract)
    Trying to install Operamini web browser I get it downloaded and try to run it I get the following messages
    The application Opera mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this ?
    Yes or no
    Then I get this message
    The application Opera mini has attempted to access the network. Would you like to allow this?
    Yes or no
    I then get the message
    Failed to connect to the internet
    Go to operamini.com/help?version=40 with your desktop browser or contact your sevice provider for internet settings
    I have tried to set APN settings. I have tried every combination I can find on the internet, for cellularone, att and cingular and none seem to work.

also have settings from provider which makes no difference

any help thanks
    03-17-08 04:40 PM
    Ah, you aint missing a thing with Opera Mini anyway.
    03-17-08 04:48 PM
    I just set up my BB curve following the directions provided here "www.operamini.com/download/wap/blackberry/blackberry_8300_curve/"

My service is T-Mobile, so I'm not sure if that made a difference. I've always liked Opera on my mobile devices, I used to have it on my Dell PDA until I replaced it with my Curve . Now I can have it on my BB.
    03-17-08 05:39 PM
    You'll need to enter your carrier's APN settings in Options > Advanced > TCP

Call them to get the APN settings or if you wait 'til 1600 GMT tomorow I'll get them for you, just contact me...

...you can contact me:
    Email: [email protected]
    PIN: 20650E97
    or by Private Message

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 07:08 PM
    i have tried everything on the web and two things my service provider gave me to put in the apn /tcp settings and nothing has worked yet
    03-17-08 08:21 PM
    Also make sure you register your device on BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVICE SITE and ensure that your pin & imei are updated. I had an issue with opera myself and after doing this, it worked.
    03-17-08 09:56 PM
    ok i got it working, i reset the apn settings that i had tried numerous times before and did the battery removal reset thing as i had done several times before , but it finally took this time for some reason
    thanks for the help
    03-18-08 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD