Ive read a lot about opera mini and i want to give it a shot. but i dont have the slightest idea as how to install it.

i seared through the forums but couldnt really find a good one to tell me how. Can someone help me by telling me exactly what i need to do or provide a link to a thread that does this?

thank you soo much.

i have the 8300 on att.
    11-16-07 11:00 PM
    Do a search on Google for "Opera mini on BB" and it will take you right to the page with instructions!
    11-16-07 11:17 PM
    Just head to Operamini.com on your BB browser and follow the instructions.
    11-16-07 11:46 PM
    i went to it on my phone and went to download it and it tells me "the item you selected annot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" so i clicked yes. then went to open it and it wont let me do anything with it. it says unable to display file.
    11-17-07 10:38 AM
    i got it now. i installed it though desktop manager.

thanks everyone.
    11-17-07 11:28 AM
    i was able to download directly from the blackberry through the operamini website and then i went to my tools and changed the apn to "wap.voicestream.com" (being i have tmobile)
    11-19-07 10:24 AM
    I went to the website and it is telling me that my phone model could not be detected.
    11-22-07 05:12 AM
    I d/led it right from the opera mini site but my suggestion is to not even waste your time. The bb browser is much better imo
    11-22-07 06:27 AM
    Really, the BB browser is much better?
    11-22-07 06:47 AM
    I personally just went to mini.opera.com and just did an ota install of opera 4.0 and it works fine. Now if firefox will come out for bb then I will use that instead!

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-07 07:04 AM
    I can't seem to get Opera to work on my phone have tried and entered the APN: wap.voicestream.com, still nothing.

When I start it up it gives me a message saying it's trying to access a low level network, that comes up twice and then it won't connect.
    11-22-07 10:59 AM
    I can't seem to get Opera to work on my phone have tried and entered the APN: wap.voicestream.com, still nothing.

When I start it up it gives me a message saying it's trying to access a low level network, that comes up twice and then it won't connect.
    yea im having the same problem i dunno wat to do at this point
    11-22-07 11:23 AM
    I was having the problem of it accessing low level network connections and then it not do hang and not load. I resolved the issue using a suggestion I found on another thread here. It said to unistall the opera mini from the phone and then reinstall it using the device manager. So I followed those instructions along with doin the tcp change (wap.voicestream) and it's been great since.

This browser imo is way better than the bb web. One thing that I am battling right now is switching applications while hbrowsing I can't find how to do it.

11-22-07 01:49 PM
    Its fairly easy to install opera mini, I was having the same problems, what u have to do is first install opera mini 4.0 then go to options-advanced-tcp-apn and change it to wap.voicestream.com. Oh and by the way I think opera mini is way better than the bb browser

Last edited by cindylov4; 12-09-07 at 12:32 AM.
    11-22-07 03:43 PM
    I want to like the Opera Browser, but if Im on a site and I would like to download something, it cant detect what phone Im using unless I use the BB Browser. Also, some sites open up another countries version with Opera. I am just sticking with the BB Browser for now until I see some improvements with Opera.
    11-23-07 08:31 AM
    I think it only work for people with T.mo I'm with Digicel (AT&t) and cant' get it to work...i tried puting in the APN which in my case is proxy. But it's not working..
    11-23-07 10:00 AM
    not true. i have att and i use opera. its amazing.

i installed it through desktop manager. i have problems downloading apps directly onto my bb.
    11-24-07 02:21 PM
    I use Opera for non-mobile-friendly pages, and the BBB for google, OTA downloads, and of course CB. The new 4.0 beta is nice. I can hit my bank sites in a pinch, and the different views work well.

11-24-07 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD