As I'm sure you all know, the default browser on the BlackBerry Curve is crap. I've never seen anything render a webpage quite so disgustingly. That being said, I did some research and it seems like Opera Mini is the way to go for a good looking web browsing experience. I went to mini.opera.com and was told to go back to operamini.com, round and round I went, until I finally got to the zip file and downloaded it...

Now what? Do I have to connect my BB to a PC to finish the install or can I do it from the phone?

And is this the browser most of you recommend for properly rendered, aesthetically pleasing internet surfing?

Thanks! Just got by first BB last night and loving it so far!
    10-01-08 11:57 AM
    Opera mini is your only other choice, that's it. You probably don't have your browser settings set correctly. There is numerous threads on this, use the search tool above and check it out...
    10-01-08 12:00 PM
    As I'm sure you all know, the default browser on the BlackBerry Curve is crap. I've never seen anything render a webpage quite so disgustingly. That being said, I did some research and it seems like Opera Mini is the way to go for a good looking web browsing experience. I went to mini.opera.com and was told to go back to operamini.com, round and round I went, until I finally got to the zip file and downloaded it...

Now what? Do I have to connect my BB to a PC to finish the install or can I do it from the phone?

And is this the browser most of you recommend for properly rendered, aesthetically pleasing internet surfing?

Thanks! Just got by first BB last night and loving it so far!
    If you downloaded the file to a PC then yes, you'll need to use the BB Desktop Manager. You could also download the file OTA (over the air) directly to your BB.

The OEM BB Browser is "okay" if you have all of the settings made correctly. What are your Browser Configuration settings?
    10-01-08 12:04 PM
    Sorry to tell you, but opera mini is just as bad..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 12:04 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Like i've said before, I never understood the hype of Opera Mini. If you are more focused on browsing than anything, get a Bold...
    10-01-08 12:08 PM
    Im happy with the BB browser, I think its pretty good, nothing craptastic about mine.

To each thier own I guess.
    10-01-08 12:09 PM
    What are your Browser Configuration settings?
    support javascript - checked
    allow javascript popups - unchecked
    terminate slow running scripts - checked
    support html tables - checked
    use foreground and background colors - checked
    use background images - checked
    support embedded media - checked
    support style sheets - checked
    show images: on wml & html pages
    emulation mode: microsoft ie
    content mode: wml & html

really? cause i've read otherwise in lots of places... but i'm new to this, so trial and error is all i've got.
    10-01-08 12:10 PM
    I bet you go back to the regular BB browser. The pop-ups alone will drive you away...
    10-01-08 12:11 PM
    I love opera mini. It's just like using you're firefox or explorer. There are a few limitations to opera, but I think that's expected.
    10-01-08 12:54 PM
    so... are my settings off? i searched for opera mini but can't find anything related to getting it to download via the phone. unless i just suck at searching.
    10-01-08 02:32 PM
    I deleted opera mini. There was no real advanage of the BB browser, and I got a good chunk of memory back.
    10-01-08 02:43 PM
    so... are my settings off? i searched for opera mini but can't find anything related to getting it to download via the phone. unless i just suck at searching.
    the OTA link is in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/ope...uestion-66471/

i use OM for graphic intense pages or sites that the native BB browser cannot handle. (IE some eBay features).
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-01-08 at 02:48 PM.
    10-01-08 02:45 PM
    Make sure everything is checked. Especially the Java options.
    10-01-08 02:46 PM
    try both, see which one you like better, personally, i like the native 4.5 browser
    10-01-08 02:52 PM
    I use opera for some thing and bb browser for other but its your choose
    10-01-08 02:52 PM
    try both, see which one you like better, personally, i like the native 4.5 browser
    how do i know if i'm using 4.5?
    10-01-08 03:14 PM
    how do i know if i'm using 4.5?
    you're not. you have 4.3

Options
    About

3rd line down is your OS
    v4.3.0.127

VZW has not released OS 4.5 yet. we're waiting
    10-01-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD