Who has the best browser and why?
    BB's own browser?
    opera mini 4 ?
    Others?

I go online... a lot!
    05-05-08 04:58 PM
    I've tried and deleted Opera Mini. The default browser works just fine for me.
    I am however, anxiously awaiitng the offering from Firefox.
    05-05-08 05:14 PM
    No offense, but why ask when you can try it yourself since the application is free...

Just go to operamini.com from the BB browser to download it/
    05-05-08 05:16 PM
    I've tried and deleted Opera Mini. The default browser works just fine for me.
    I am however, anxiously awaiitng the offering from Firefox.
    WOW firefox is coming out with an app for BB. When is this going ot be available?
    05-05-08 05:18 PM
    WOW firefox is coming out with an app for BB. When is this going ot be available?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fir...opement-16439/
    05-05-08 05:26 PM
    Not sure but I remember reading about it here:
    Firefox Mobile First Look - BlackBerry Blast!
    05-05-08 05:27 PM
    I use the web a lot and love opera mini. I haven't used the stock browser since I found opera. The overview feature is convenient and the non-mobile pages show up great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 05:30 PM
    It's all personal preference.

I like the Opera browser though.
    05-05-08 06:23 PM
    I prefer opera
    05-05-08 06:49 PM
    I think opera is way faster...
    But you need to use BB Browser if you want to use Wi-fi.
    05-05-08 07:01 PM
    Opera is nice, but definitley has glitches.

05-05-08 07:09 PM
    No offense, but why ask when you can try it yourself since the application is free...
    Common sense tells me to research software before downloading and installing it. Same goes for anything on the computer.
    05-05-08 08:22 PM
    Who has the best browser and why?
    Much ado about nothing.

I have both of them on my Curve. The Opera Mini has a nice look and feel to it but it cannot be a full replacement browser for the native BB browser. Remember that ANYTHING you do that links to a browser interface will bring up the native browser.

There are a lot of people who swear by Opera. I've never seen THAT much of an advantage to it. There is no damage or danger in downloading it to your BB and I would recommend you doing that.

Opera just released a new version of their browser and I'm experimenting with it. I'm probably going to delete it to save space. I can't think of anything important to me that the Opera browser will do that the native browser won't do and with the limited storage capacity RIM gives us, you always have to keep an eye on what you have on your BB that you don't regularly use.
    05-05-08 08:58 PM
    It may be me, or my lack of experience, but I haven't found glitch in opera yet.

05-05-08 08:59 PM
    Has anyone had this issue I have with the default browser? When I come to CB, the first login is ok, but when I then choose a hyperlink among the huge list of links that come up, it connects but then goes back to the top of the list, and I have to scroll down, down, down until my trackball is almost smoking to get to the article. (scratching head). I think this has displayed the same behavior on another page, but can't remember where.

Opera does not seem to do this.

Update: Uh, never mind, I can't seem to reproduce the problem now that I am going to wap.crackberry.com instead of www.crackberry.com...I could have sworn...(puzzled look)
    Last edited by Rickster; 05-05-08 at 09:24 PM.
    05-05-08 09:06 PM
    OM is way better. I'm on 4.1 beta and it's great
    05-05-08 09:13 PM
    I use the default for regular browsing and opra for when I need to view content as I would on my laptop. I use the default more though.

05-05-08 09:17 PM
    I did decide to try it and couldn't get it to load.
    I downloaded the PC loading version, then loaded it using the BB desktop application and when I tried to use Opera, I got this message:
    "Failed to connect to the Internet"
    Go to http://operamini.com/help?version=40
    with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for internet settings.

My main BB internet connection is working fine. I didn't find any answers on their website on my problem either.
    05-06-08 11:29 AM
    I just downloaded Opera and I love it. I haven't had it long enough to tell you whether or not it's better than the BB browser, but I say try it. I like that it give you an overview of the whole page, and it moves pretty quick.
    05-06-08 11:45 AM
    I'm trying to read ESPN's Sports Guy Bill Simmons article on Opera Mini and the whole area where the text is supposed to be comes up black, wassup with that?
    05-06-08 12:00 PM
    I did decide to try it and couldn't get it to load.
    I downloaded the PC loading version, then loaded it using the BB desktop application and when I tried to use Opera, I got this message:
    "Failed to connect to the Internet"
    Go to http://operamini.com/help?version=40
    with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for internet settings.

My main BB internet connection is working fine. I didn't find any answers on their website on my problem either.
    Do you have your APN information set up?

Go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP

For APN put wap.voicestream.com. Leave both the username and password blank. Save the info.
    05-06-08 12:09 PM
    For those debating OM vs BB, I'd also recommend checking the BB options for Support HTML Tables and Support Style Sheets. Not sure how mine got unchecked, but they make a huge difference for even wap sites like CB. I've got both, but for the sites I go to, BB is pretty good and mostly comparable with the Treo Blazer browser (my previous best).
    05-06-08 01:26 PM
    Do you have your APN information set up?

Go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP

For APN put wap.voicestream.com. Leave both the username and password blank. Save the info.
    I already have that done for BB broswer. Do I also need to do this for the Opera too? I'm getting online fine with the BB browser.
    05-06-08 01:37 PM
    They have a big article in May's LAPTOP on:
    7 service Providers tested
    Best & Worst Mobile Browsers

Other Cell phone articles.

The Opera Mini was rated well here.
    05-06-08 01:54 PM
    If you have the APN info set up, then Opera Mini should work fine. If it still isn't working, you either don't have a BB data plan, or did not install the app correctly. Those are the only two reasons I can think of why it wouldn't work.
    05-06-08 02:05 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD