Tried installing Opera Mini 4.0 today.

I can download it fine, but when I go to load it, and it does it's initial installation, I get problems.

It comes up saying "The application operette$2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

Does this with the firewall enabled.

Without the firewall enabled, I first get a prompt saying "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?" I select yes, but get "Error - Failed to connect to the internet".

Any ideas?

Regards
    03-04-08 02:28 PM
    Your IT policy probably prevents 3rd party apps. from connecting.
    03-04-08 02:31 PM
    Who does? T-Mobile, my service provider?
    Can I change it at all?
    03-04-08 02:33 PM
    I assume your 8310 is unlocked, since an 8310 is normally carrier-locked to AT&T. Are you having any other issues besides Opera Mini installation?

Also, if you have a new BB and didn't have a BB data plan before, T-Mobile USA can take up to 48 hours to provision your data plan. I found that out the hard way. You can try and call T-Mobile's BB support to get them to push it through faster, but they may not be able to.
    03-04-08 02:42 PM
    Do you have a BIS or a BES plan?
    03-04-08 02:54 PM
    I assume your 8310 is unlocked, since an 8310 is normally carrier-locked to AT&T. Are you having any other issues besides Opera Mini installation?

Also, if you have a new BB and didn't have a BB data plan before, T-Mobile USA can take up to 48 hours to provision your data plan. I found that out the hard way. You can try and call T-Mobile's BB support to get them to push it through faster, but they may not be able to.
    I'm in the UK. Sorry, should have said. However, I am with T-Mobile and have a data plan.
    03-04-08 03:08 PM
    Do you have a BIS or a BES plan?
    Yes, a BIS plan I believe.
    03-04-08 03:08 PM
    Did you purchase the phone second hand?
    03-04-08 03:14 PM
    I'm in the UK. Sorry, should have said. However, I am with T-Mobile and have a data plan.
    Righto - did you just add the data plan when you purchased your Curve, or did you have the data plan before, and simply get a new BB?
    03-04-08 03:15 PM
    Phone is brand new, and the data plan was purchased with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 05:17 PM
    call support and ask for APN from them. also look in advanced options, service books for desktop and if see them delete them
    03-04-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD