Can someone explain to me in very basic terms:

What is Opera (or Opera Mini?)?

Do I need it?

If so, what for?

How do I get it?

How do I use it?

Thanks so much
    11-22-08 04:02 PM
    Opera Mini is a different web browser. Some like it some (like me) do not.

You can d/load it and give it a try since it's free

http://www.operamini.com/features/
    11-22-08 04:06 PM
    11-22-08 04:13 PM
    Welcome

It took me awhile to get used to Opera Mini--- and sometimes I still just use my BB Browser, but I like having Mini on there as an option.
    11-22-08 04:14 PM
    Everytime I try Opera Mini it gives me problems; since I can see a good 95% of what I want to see with the native Blackberry browser, I don't mind overmuch having problems with the remaining 5%. (While it's great fun to use my BB for Internet, for some things it's just easier to use my PC at home.)
    11-22-08 04:15 PM

I use both Opera mini and the BB browser. Depending on my web site destination, I'll use one or the other because it may look/operate better.
    11-22-08 04:17 PM
    i prefered the os 4.5 browser to opera, but if you are running 4.3, than opera is better
    11-22-08 04:35 PM
    I use the BB browser most of the time but if there is a pdf or some file that I want to download to my memory card I can only do it through Opera.

Opera is also great for certain websites that the BB browser just can't load properly.

Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 04:45 PM
    i use the native bb browser for most sites. i only use Opera Mini for sites that have a lot of graphics or features that the native bb browser cannot handle, such as teva and orbitz and full ebay.

Here is the newest Opera Mini OTA Download link: http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...e&edition=hifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD