Hey all ; I cant seem to get past all the TMo folks who cant get their Opera 4.1 to install due to the APN thing, but it appears that we Sprint users shouldnt have to deal with this... I'm getting the download ok, then on install it gets to the very end before it gives the "cannot connect to the internet" message - pointing me to thier website, which I found less than helpful for this particular problem.

Any BB genius able to help? Thanks in advance!!

Sprint 8330 (curve)
    05-13-08 10:43 PM
    just keep trying the same thing was happening to me on my verizon but then it finally worked after like the 3rd time
    05-14-08 12:38 AM
    Just to clear something up in your statement, you aren't seeing that message during install. Opera Mini is already installed. You are seeing that when you open Opera Mini and it looks to connect to their proxy server.

Do you guys have a blackberry data plan? That's the only thing I can think of as to why you would see that message.
    05-14-08 01:13 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my 8310 and Maxis in Malaysia. I have unlimited data plan on EDGE. There is no need to use APN (settings are blank) and I can surf the net. Only problem is that Opera 4.1 will say that there is no connection to the internet. BB Browser works fine.
    05-14-08 04:46 AM
    Just to clear something up in your statement, you aren't seeing that message during install. Opera Mini is already installed. You are seeing that when you open Opera Mini and it looks to connect to their proxy server.

Do you guys have a blackberry data plan? That's the only thing I can think of as to why you would see that message.
    Sunkast - you're correct, it installs then when I click on it... I do have PVBB (BIS) and everything else seems to work fine. (installed OTA etc)
    05-14-08 12:45 PM
    Which one are you all downloading - the english unsigned 4.1 or one of the ones with certificates????
    05-14-08 08:18 PM
    Unsigned....
    05-14-08 09:14 PM
    Hey all ; I cant seem to get past all the TMo folks who cant get their Opera 4.1 to install
    TMo customer here. I had no problems whatsoever getting Opera Mini on my Curve. I used it briefly. Deleted it. Much ado about nothing. Didn't really find a value proposition in it that made it more worthwhile than the standard native BlackBerry browser.
    05-14-08 09:53 PM
    Who the heck knows ; installed again (4th time) and got the same message after opening it the first time, then restarted the phone and opened it - works fine. VERY strange....

thanks all for your efforts
    05-14-08 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD