Is it normal to only receive emails when you access the internet? I thought my phone would check for emails every few minutes, but the only way I am receiving them is when I do something that causes the phone to access the wireless network.

My wireless networking is on. Any ideas?
    08-27-09 04:24 PM
    this is not normal, resend your service books and see if you get a confirmation email for each email address you have. It almost sounds like your data plan is set up wrong. I would resend service books from VZW's BIS site so you can verify your PIN as well. BB's have push email which is instant email and not just checking every few minutes
    08-27-09 04:30 PM
    BB push takes up to ten minutes to forward mail. The bIS polls your server ever so often to pull the mail and push it to your curve. If you want instant email set up a BIS email account on your phone and go into your existing email setting and cc the bb email. This will send it to your bb as soon as it hits your existing emails server. The only negative here if there is one is when you email from your curve it will be sent with the bb emails server and info.
    08-27-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD