Maybe it's because after many years of using a BB I've come to expect the perfection we generally receive...or maybe someone just let this one slip by in the OS testing...but the following issue is a real problem (for me, anyway).

I'm connected to my BES and have a very email-intensive business. With over 300 emails daily, one of the operating habits I'd gotten into was reading the messages I wanted to when using my BB and then doing a "Delete Prior" to remove them from view (not from the server or my desktop) so I would be ready for the next wave of messages.

My new Curve has the abbreviated menu system so now I have to add in the additional few actions to activate the full menu before I can even get to "Delete Prior". Having to do this once or twice would be tolerable...but 50 times a day make it a major pain.

Maybe this is just me since I don't see any similar complaints, but it would be so easy for RIM to make this "user" configurable so we could turn on full menus or not. Even Microsoft gave this option to the users when they added it to Office menus.

LarryMcJ
    07-18-07 06:58 AM
    My old one is the right side kinda feels loose. Its like I could push it in while typing. My other 4 blackberrys did not feel this way. This is my first post from my curve BTW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-07 08:26 PM
    LarryMcj,

Have you considered changing your email reconciliation to delete on handheld only? That would always allow you to delete on your bb only without affecting outlook or what's on the server.
    07-19-07 11:03 AM
    Xizor...that wasn't the problem I stated. I have always had my BBs configured to delete only on the handheld. The problem has to do with the new abbreviated menu system on the 8830 making me click on "Show Full Menu" 50 times a day just to get to the "Delete "Prior" menu entry.

LarryMcJ
    07-19-07 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD