Okay, so I haven't been able to connect my BB to my pc in order to use DM.

Tried everything known and suggested to no avail.

Now I found device manager properties and under device connection it has connection options and it says COM 3 Disabled. When I go to configure, I check the box that says enable usb-to-serial port but it still says disabled.

Can anybody help rectify this? I believe it will fix my problem.
    09-30-09 09:56 AM
    I have no ideas to suggest for using a COM port, but I would suggest you concentrate on the USB port connection.

BlackBerry has a help page for USB port troubleshooting:

View Document
    09-30-09 10:00 AM
    In device manager under the com ports you might delete the rim info and reinstall...
    09-30-09 11:28 AM
    Okay, so I haven't been able to connect my BB to my pc in order to use DM.

Tried everything known and suggested to no avail.

Now I found device manager properties and under device connection it has connection options and it says COM 3 Disabled. When I go to configure, I check the box that says enable usb-to-serial port but it still says disabled.

Can anybody help rectify this? I believe it will fix my problem.
    I've had this problem and found it to be the fact that the drivers for your BB were not installed properly. What I have done is unplug your BB from your computer, go to Start/Control Panel/Device Manager and find any references to your BB or any other devices that have an "!" beside them, right click and pick delete. Exit device manager and plug in you BB and let it be recognized and installed again.

I hope this helps.

Mike
    09-30-09 12:39 PM
    The computer is not the problem. I have done everything necessary and it didnt fix the problem. Then I connected a friends BB and it worked, so there is a setting or a missing driver on my BB but I can't re-install the OS or get a new phone unless I can find a way to back up my BB first and I cant do that if I can't connect it to a computer. DAMN! It doesn't effect my day to day but if my phone crashes, I am screwed without a back up.
    10-07-09 08:02 PM
    My Sony laptop doesn't see it either...but my Lenovo does. I always thought that the problem had to do with SP2 not being installed on the Sony, while it was on the Lenovo...SP2=USB 2.0. But I never dug any further since the Lenovo

What Service pack are you running??
    10-07-09 09:43 PM
    It always worked on my computer with my pearl, then I switched phones to the curve and it worked the first few times, and then one day I plugged it in and it did not work any more so something changed or happenned.

The only thing I can even think of was the last time it was plugged in, the USB cord got pulled and unplugged before I could click to safely remove hardware. I am not sure if that would screw up the drivers in the BB or make it go to some default 'safety' setting?
    10-11-09 11:26 AM
    did you unistall rim device like in my earlier post. my compter,properties, device manager, com/lpt portsthen uninstall the rim files tied to the port. When you unplugged the device improperly it may have corrupted something for that one device. That would explain why another device works.
    10-11-09 11:52 AM
    Yes, I tried that to no avail. When I open the properties it says unknown device, it doesnt even recognize it as a BB. When I go to update the driver it says that the driver software for this device is up to date. When I click on driver details, it says no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device
    10-12-09 01:31 AM
    End result...had to get new phone today and lost a bunch of stuff as I was worried was going to happen. Sucks. Had to manually reload and bunch of apps, contacts, calendar entries. Not sure if I got everything but oh well....

Turns out something in the phone malfunctioned and could not connect it to anything using USB.
    10-14-09 09:53 PM
    wow weird problem but glad you got it taken care of... just one question did you wipe and reload os to see if that would work on your phone?
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 10-15-09 at 12:35 PM.
    10-15-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD