OK, I have looked, searched, tried and to no success... have failed.

I am trying to install 4.2.2.170 ontop of 4.2.2.194

I have loaded the 4.2.2.170 onto the computer and installed it. I removed the vendor file. I removed the locks on what vendor themes I wanted to keep.

I then removed the 4.2.2.194 out of the computer file. Do I need to brick my Berry before I start this?

The reason I am downgrading is the phone is going back to warranty exchange.... I need the at&t version on there which is the 4.2.2.170.

msblueline
    06-08-08 07:48 PM
    What you have done should work.

I hope that you uninstalled .194 via the PC's Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.

Once you have done this and installed .170 then when you run Application Loader in DM it should pick up and ask if you want to downgrade.

Did you get the version of .170 from the AT&T link that I gave you?

If .170 is really installed and DM really will not install it then unzip the little file I have sent you, connect your phone to the PC and launch the file.

It will wipe (brick) the phone and install the new OS but there MUST be an OS for it to install so please, please check this in Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs BEFORE you run it. It will not do a backup first.
    06-08-08 08:07 PM
    You just gave me my error. I removed the file, I did not uninstall it.

I have to goto control panel and uninstall via remove programs...

Such easy things over looked... thanks

msblueline
    06-08-08 08:10 PM
    You should always uninstall products from Windows via the Control Panel.

Now you may have to re-install it just so's you can uninstall it correctly. If ya see what I mean.
    06-08-08 08:16 PM
    You should always uninstall products from Windows via the Control Panel.

Now you may have to re-install it just so's you can uninstall it correctly. If ya see what I mean.
    I did not delete the file, I just moved it out of that location.

I then uninstalled it from the Windows Program Uninstaller.

Should I still install it again and then uninstall it... again

msblueline
    06-08-08 08:19 PM
    Prob'ly if you wanna be sure. It's what I'd do but then I'm a Windows systems guy so I would do that, wouldn't I?
    06-08-08 08:26 PM
    OK, installed all of them again and uninstalled them again.

It worked, it asked if I wanted to keep the newer version or install the older version... I selected the older version.

Downloading now... Hopefully it works...

Worst case scenario, I brick it and do it all over again...

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 06-08-08 at 09:29 PM.
    06-08-08 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD