Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Old emails won't delete

I have a Curve user who is unable to delete a certain block of emails from his device. He can delete everything prior to a certain date (Oct/Nov of 2007), but the emails from fall of 2007 will not delete. The device is set to delete from handheld only, and upon conflict the mailbox wins. He does not want to delete these emails from his Outlook mailbox, just the device.

Does anyone have any ideas why the emails won't delete from the handheld? Any suggestions for getting them off of the device? I'd be very grateful for your help.
    Got bananas?
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

Did you do a reset?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

If your user is a BES user, this thread will show you the way: http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/can...-method-39978/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Whats a BES user?

(Deleting the messages then pulling the battery while the BB was on, worked for me. But if I need to do something else, I'm willing. It's just all new to me. Thanks!)
    Last edited by PhotoGraphicGirl; 01-10-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

Checkout the BlackBerry 101 discussion of BES and BIS. BES users are typically using employer-controlled devices. BIS users are typically consumer users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com