Hello everyone;
    so this would be - uh, week almost 3 with a curve on T-Mobile.
    I got the new desktop software and kinda figured that out.
    Got ringtones and email set up.
    And am starting to get the hang of it.
    But - seriously; what now?
    I think I'm missing a many thing - I'm pretty sure that curves can't get the new upgrade for the internet to stream video - right?
    Do I have to wait longer - or will it just never happen?
    And - yea, what am I "supposed" to do - or would be wise to do?
    It's still kinda new and fresh out of the box - minus the addition of quicklinks to the internet and such
    07-05-08 04:38 AM
    Hey is this your first BB. There are official releases of the new OS but none to the country. I am using 4.5.0.37 it is pretty cool I can record video and watch streaming video with it. Do you viigo or other 3 rd party apps? Just trying to help you out.
    07-05-08 04:43 AM
    what next? start skimming the forum and learn. the questions you ask have been answered hundreds of times. while you're skimming, you may see something you want to do next for your phone AND get better familiar so you can fix it if you hose it.
    07-05-08 04:46 AM
    07-05-08 05:09 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    07-05-08 05:13 AM
    You will be addicted fast enough.
    07-05-08 06:40 AM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    07-05-08 06:48 AM
    you will love your addiction. you will lose hours of sleep, but it will be worth it. Welcome to CB.com!
    07-05-08 06:50 AM
    Welcome and I totally agree with Oakie.

I've had my Curve for about a month and it's my 1st bb. Everyday I go to "new posts" and just start skimming through them. That's exactly how I figured out what I wanted and/or needed on my bb. The folks on this site are awesome in that they provide the answers to just about anything and everything. The "101 series" is a definite "must read" for all first timers.
    07-05-08 08:20 AM
    For internet radio there are a couple of new options.
    Look under the software roundup from yesterday and you'll find a rewirw of Moodio.fm.

AND if you look under the Third Party Software forum, you'll find threads about Moodio and the new beta of XPlayer which now supports internet streaming.

Like us was stated earlier, welcome and start browsing the forums and you will learn a lot and get the answers to your questions.

Peace!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 08:56 AM
    woa - thanks; i appreciate the vast responses - so quickly
    07-06-08 04:29 AM
    hey welcome im new here too and this is also my first bb. Get googlemaps you will love it! also download operamini browser, it lets you view webpages like you would on your desktop. I have the link to the new 4.5 os but im not sure if im that daring yet. But i do want to record video so i dont know what to do yet.
    07-06-08 05:08 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

My advise fwiw is to leave tou BlackBerr just as it is for the time being.

There are numerous versions of a beta Operating System 4.5 around and while many people report that it works well an amost equal number report problems.

The new OS is scheduled for release in Sepetember at which time hopefully it will be somewhat better behaved and fully supported by all carriers who opt to release it.

I have tried all versions of the new OS and have always reverted to the released but less functional softeware becuase, while I like the new features, first and foremost, I need a working phone and the beta OS could not always do that for me.
    07-06-08 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD