since I have lost my options>about, I used myver to tell me I had installed ver 5.0.0.57, however according to BB desktop I currently have 4.5.0.186 installed.

a few weeks ago I installed the 4.5 update, then the other day Desk top did another update, I assume to the 5.0. Tonight I just noticed desktop saying I have the previous installed.

any ideas ?

Thanks again for everyone out there by the way, sure made my life as a blackberry noob easier, well approaching my one year anniversary actually, but still.........
    03-27-10 11:07 PM
    now I am even more confused..... when I use the Alt Shift H that Motorcycle Mama told me about it says I have version 4.5.0.186 yet when I type myver it tells me I have the 5.0.0.57

I think I will believe the 2 out of 3 odds and go with the fact I have 4.5.0.186

However I would still love to know why the two can't seem to agree ?
    03-27-10 11:13 PM
    If I am not mistaken the auto update takes you to your <ul>vendor's</ul> latest OS. I don't know if it is smart enough to figure OS5 is later then OS4.5. It may have downgraded your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 11:16 PM
    Not a clue why they disagree though.

03-27-10 11:17 PM
    That autotext keystroke must be picking up your BBM version. There is no 5.0.0.57 OS for any device.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-27-10 11:24 PM
    Big Bad Wulf you are right..... I was typing myver in BBM because it was easiest at the moment. I just did it again in e-mail.... guess what ? 4.5.0.186

Mystery solved........... feel kinda stupid since I was just telling a friend to upgrade his BBM to 5.0, but oh well now I know that auto text can give different results depending where you type what.

Thanks again......
    03-27-10 11:33 PM
    Yeppers! Not confused, and we've both learned something. Sweeeeeet!

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-27-10 11:36 PM
    Big Bad Wulf you are right..... I was typing myver in BBM because it was easiest at the moment. I just did it again in e-mail.... guess what ? 4.5.0.186

Mystery solved........... feel kinda stupid since I was just telling a friend to upgrade his BBM to 5.0, but oh well now I know that auto text can give different results depending where you type what.

Thanks again......
    Yeah, that can roll you when something unexpected happens. Different info depending on your locstion at the time. Had to explain that to someone else a couple months back. Glad you got it sorted.

03-28-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD