Now I have read tons of post on here about downloading ringtone issues, and yet I am still having troubles. Can anyone tell me how to get the ringtones (free) from this site onto my phone. I read the instructions and still no jo. I download them, and then they dont show up in my folder where I put them. Help is greatly appreciated. Save the OMGs for later!
    09-06-08 12:46 AM
    You're on Verizon. I believe this disable this feature on the phone. Along with your GPS.
    09-06-08 06:37 AM
    Have you tried emailing them to an email address that you have linked to your Curve and then saving them to the phone from the email?
    09-06-08 06:48 AM
    I am in the same boat as you! Same phone, same carrier, same newness! I just finished the Blackberry 101 lecture series and it answered alot of my questions. I got ringtones and wallpaper from this site, but I had to drag and drop through the desktop manager. There is a section specifically on this in the lecture series. Very good instructions.

Hey guys, I just posted a thread on the 3rd party apps forum about suggestions for what I need. I would appreciate it if some of you experts would go over there and try to help me out. Thanks!
    09-06-08 09:36 AM
    thanks for the info, will look into it
    09-09-08 01:50 AM
    as far as i recall, when i did it i used the "email ringtone" feature. then when i opened the attachment, it gave me the option to save as ringtone. then i could just set it as a ringtone as normal.
    and i also have the 8330 for verizon, so it is definitely possible.

-randy
    09-09-08 01:54 AM
    Yeah it's possible not any problems w getting ringtones at all from the site. If you are having problems putting them in a folder that you created why not let them save to the default ringtone folder and then move them where you want later? Just a suggestion. Other than that I don't know why they aren't saving for you. I have verizon curve and have no issues.
    09-09-08 02:26 AM
    You're on Verizon. I believe this disable this feature on the phone. Along with your GPS.
    Please don't use the term disabled unless you're sure of it or know what you're talking about. You are incorrect.

Easiest and sure fire way of downloading a ringtone and using it is to do it through DM using the Roxio Media Manager. Copy it down with no conversion needed. A bit longer process than drag and drop but it works.
    09-09-08 08:46 AM
    Everything I read is how my extra downmoads worked. Except for the comment about disabled. You R wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 09:04 AM
    I'm a new BB Curve 8330 owner as well and just as rlevine said, I used the email me ringtone option. It was pretty easy, just click on the link in the email and do as it says. My carrier is Sprint.
    09-10-08 02:19 PM
    I get all my ringtones from Myxer - Download Ringtones and More put in your phone number and it sends you a text to download it. You can also upload your own songs and make them into ringtones..
    09-10-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD