I think my fear is becomming true.

I'm on my 2nd memory card and somehow, THIS, memory card too, has went blank. Everything went fine after I bought the card from Verizon (I get a discount form work) for awhile, then after using Slacker radio a few times, not sure what happened, but EVERYTHING was gone from my card and now the phone wont even recognize it, nor my computer.

Can NEVER format it at all. This got me wondering, is it possible for a BB to be faulty and keep wiping out cards? This is a phone from ebay, but the lady said she got it from her job and didnt need it any more, she was nice.

I cant tell you how many battery pulls I've done, not sure what else to do. And another thing, I dont really wanna take it back to verizon, because then I'd have to change the housing BACK to the silver, or I'd probably hear something like I messed it up, which, I dont want to hear.
    01-20-09 01:47 PM
    maybe a wipe of device and re-install OS will correct problems
    01-20-09 01:51 PM
    Think so?

Not sure I know how to do that just yet...lol.
    01-20-09 01:52 PM
    Can you put the card in another phone or plug it into the computer and get it to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:54 PM
    I'd slide the card into the adapter and put it into my computer, but nothing would ever happen.

It wouldnt even show that a "mass storage drive" appreared or anything.
    01-20-09 01:57 PM
    When you connect it to your PC is your BB recognized by DM, and if so can you do a backup or sync?
    01-20-09 02:02 PM
    I just put my microSD card into my older Alias, went to my Memory Card options, and clicked "My Pictures" and it would say "Loading", but I'd click ok, and everytime, it restarted the phone.

That's odd man.
    01-20-09 02:03 PM
    I just hooked up my BB with my memory card plugged in and when I goto the Media manager, it says, "Please activate Mass Storage Mode on your device."

Under my media card options, my Mass Storage Mode Support is On, so I dont know what the problem is.
    01-20-09 02:21 PM
    I just put my microSD card into my older Alias, went to my Memory Card options, and clicked "My Pictures" and it would say "Loading", but I'd click ok, and everytime, it restarted the phone.

That's odd man.
    The card is causing problems with another phone. Exchange the media card for another one, it sounds flaky.
    01-20-09 02:28 PM
    It'll be my 3rd one, I just dont want to keep buying cards man, would at least like to get to the problem, ya know?
    01-20-09 02:30 PM
    I'd slide the card into the adapter and put it into my computer, but nothing would ever happen.

It wouldnt even show that a "mass storage drive" appreared or anything.
    What is the capacity of your media card? Some computers can't read the new SDHC media cards over 4 GB, but can only read SD cards.

This might explain why your Samsung Alias can't read the card as well if it can't read SDHC cards.
    01-20-09 02:31 PM
    It'll be my 3rd one, I just dont want to keep buying cards man, would at least like to get to the problem, ya know?
    If you just bought it, should be able to get another one as an exchange, not repurchase.
    01-20-09 02:32 PM
    It's just a Sandisk MircoSD, not a MicroSDHC, not sure what the HC is for.

I'm on eCost.com now looking at some, they have some nice ones, but not sure if the MicroSDHC's will work in a mobile phone.
    01-20-09 02:37 PM
    It's just a Sandisk MircoSD, not a MicroSDHC, not sure what the HC is for.

I'm on eCost.com now looking at some, they have some nice ones, but not sure if the MicroSDHC's will work in a mobile phone.
    The HC is for High Capacity, and is 8 GB or more. If you are running the 4.5 OS then the SDHC cards will work in your BB.
    01-20-09 02:39 PM
    Cool.

I'm looking at a 4gb MicroSDHC for $5.99 right now.

Both of the faulty memory cards were bought within a month span, but I dont have the reciepts. One was from Wally world and the other Verizon, not sure they'd take them back or give me another one.
    01-20-09 02:41 PM
    Sounds like the card, but its odd for this to be the second time. Have you tried to reformat the card via the pc and check for bad sectors? Also, and I'm guilty of this, make sure you have the correct usb adaptor. Older sd adaptors generally cannot be used with the higher capacity cards, pc will show nothing. Other than that I'm at a loss

01-20-09 02:44 PM
    [QUOTE=jordans0nly;1457028]I think my fear is becomming true.

I'm on my 2nd memory card and somehow, THIS, memory card too, has went blank. Everything went fine after I bought the card from Verizon (I get a discount form work) for awhile, then after using Slacker radio a few times, not sure what happened, but EVERYTHING was gone from my card and now the phone wont even recognize it, nor my computer.

Can NEVER format it at all. This got me wondering, is it possible for a BB to be faulty and keep wiping out cards? This is a phone from ebay, but the lady said she got it from her job and didnt need it any more, she was nice.

I cant tell you how many battery pulls I've done, not sure what else to do. And another thing, I dont really wanna take it back to verizon, because then I'd have to change the housing BACK to the silver, or I'd probably hear something like I messed it up, which, I dont want to hear bong!.=unquote)
    Oh how many times has this problem arison!!!!!!!!!! I once had a nokia 3365 which was ok but I tried to switch the data to my new found blackberry (on the bench near paddington station) then when I finally figured out the code to the isb unit it deleted everything the one thing you can try is ring 01983555663 and ask for greg rudd (rudderdendrum) good luck woop?e!
    01-20-09 02:48 PM
    [QUOTE=mtcl;1457475]
    I think my fear is becomming true.

I cant tell you how many battery pulls I've done, not sure what else to do. And another thing, I dont really wanna take it back to verizon, because then I'd have to change the housing BACK to the silver, or I'd probably hear something like I messed it up, which, I dont want to hear bong!.=unquote)
    Oh how many times has this problem arison!!!!!!!!!! I once had a nokia 3365 which was ok but I tried to switch the data to my new found blackberry (on the bench near paddington station) then when I finally figured out the code to the isb unit it deleted everything the one thing you can try is ring 01983555663 and ask for greg rudd (rudderdendrum) good luck woop?e!

What?!?!?!
    01-20-09 02:51 PM
    Sounds like the card, but its odd for this to be the second time. Have you tried to reformat the card via the pc and check for bad sectors? Also, and I'm guilty of this, make sure you have the correct usb adaptor. Older sd adaptors generally cannot be used with the higher capacity cards, pc will show nothing. Other than that I'm at a loss

Well, it only came with the SD adapter. Slide the micro into the SD one, and put it into my comp, but nothing shows up. Not sure how to look at the card if nothing shows up.
    01-20-09 02:53 PM
    01-20-09 02:59 PM
    Where's Rachel? lol, nah. But I dont want to loose all the stuff on my phone. Have my Bold theme that I paid for, other things as well.
    01-20-09 03:03 PM
    The OS wouldn't cause this. I'd look for the less obvious physical causes. Bad card (yes, two in a row happens especially with SanDisk & other cheap chips), bad insertion techniques (we all are guilty of hosing up the goods), debris in the carrier (especially the metallic types of debris) or (look out, these are serious) a voltage issue or physical defect within the interface.

Even the cheapest of these cards have 90 day warranty, usually no questions asked. The best ones are high-speed types with a lifetime warranty.

01-20-09 05:04 PM
    I've had a similer problem that is driving me crazy and I'm on my second Alltel 8330 and my second Sandisk MicroSD 2g card.

Mine will work for awhile and then the Blackberry can't see it anymore. My computer recognizes and I can do file maintenance on it just fine and my Nuvi 855 GPS likes the card just fine also.

The problem is intermittent and the only realy problem is that the Blackberry won't recognize that the card even exists most of the time.

Sometimes removing the battery and then the card and reinstalling them works and sometimes it makes no difference.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by LDHunter; 03-01-09 at 08:25 AM.
    03-01-09 08:12 AM
    Sounds like a faulty reader in the device. Have you tried a different card as well? just as a test.
    03-01-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD