Ok, I am new to BB yes. We live in a very rual area and have poor service here. I can do texting, but not call out while I am home. My question is, is there a way I can get online with my blackberry using my wirless internet?
    02-25-09 02:54 PM
    Only if you have the 8320. The Wi-Fi only works on that model. I have an 8330 and I started a thread on this earlier. I was very disappointed to find out that only the 8320 has Wi-Fi capability.

Sorry
    02-25-09 03:17 PM
    Hi GGC. I'm on mobile and can't see your profile. What model do you have and which carrier?

Oh, by the way, the only stupid question is the one you need answered and don't ask, so don't belittle yourself, OK?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-25-09 at 03:36 PM.
    02-25-09 03:31 PM
    Hi GGC. I'm on mobile and can't see your profile. What model do you have and which carrier?

girlgonecrazy
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8330 (Curve)
    Carrier: US Cellular
    02-25-09 03:34 PM
    Only if you have the 8320. The Wi-Fi only works on that model. I have an 8330 and I started a thread on this earlier. I was very disappointed to find out that only the 8320 has Wi-Fi capability.

Sorry
    Well actually WiFi is enabled on several phones I was only referring to the 8320 as a point, since the 8330 does not - did not want to mislead you

Here are some WiFi phones

Bold, 8220, 8120, 8900, 8320, 8350i, 8820
    02-25-09 03:35 PM
    OK, I'm not sure what options USCC has for poor reception, so I'll see what I can figure out and get back with you on that. If anyone else knows, by all means, step up.

02-25-09 03:39 PM
    Ok, I did not find a solution provided by your carrier for poor reception. If I missed it, someone will probably chime in.

The only effective solution to your situation I could find was a hardware one, and unfortunately, not cheap.
    It would require installing an amplified repeater and antenna at home, and for this, you're looking at an outlay of 300-500 bucks. Google improve cellular reception to see some options.

02-25-09 04:23 PM
    Thanks everyone for getting back to me, sorry so late in answering, got called out of the house.

I will remember there are no stupid questions

We have been thinking about getting an amplifier for the house, thanks for looking for looking into other ways for me though. Appreciate that!

Since I have only had my curve for 6 days do not think I will be getting a different one, but thanks for the info.

And just want to say Thank You to everyone for being so helpful to me, it means a lot to find a place where everyone is willing to help, so hats off to everyone!

Now, if I can learn to make my own themes, I'll be set...lmao
    02-25-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD