It sure can, just make sure you delete the vendor file

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks,rbracht.I'm kind of a newb at this.How do you got about deleting the vendor file??Sorry for the stupid questions.
    10-06-09 01:35 PM
    I've been running one of the awesome hybrids running around the forum....but I'm always a sucker for a new OS! LOL Maybe one of our wonder hybrid-makers will get a hold of this! I've been too chicken to attempt the OS 5 leak yet (that and I really like BBM5!)
    10-06-09 02:09 PM
    I might give this a try this evening just to play with.

As for deleting the vendor file......after you down load the new version to your PC, go to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

It should be the last file marked vendor. Right click - delete.

Make sure you read the "How to upgrade your Blackberry" before you do. Lots of must-do info in there. It can be found in most of the stickied posts.
    10-06-09 02:10 PM
    I might give this a try this evening just to play with.

As for deleting the vendor file......after you down load the new version to your PC, go to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

It should be the last file marked vendor. Right click - delete.

Make sure you read the "How to upgrade your Blackberry" before you do. Lots of must-do info in there. It can be found in most of the stickied posts.
    Thanks alot,wricks.What if someone were to delete the vendor file prior to downloading the new version??
    10-06-09 02:20 PM
    Actually, you will be deleting that entire file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion) before you download the new one.
    10-06-09 02:27 PM
    Actually, you will be deleting that entire file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion) before you download the new one.
    Well,that sucks because thats what I did.Such a moron.
    10-06-09 02:29 PM
    You dont need to delete the entire file, just the vendor file is suffient.
    10-06-09 03:41 PM
    Ok,I did everything mentioned,but still no go.The new version shows up in my DM ,but it says that no action is need when I go to transfer it to my BB.I'm lost.
    10-06-09 04:12 PM
    Ok,I did everything mentioned,but still no go.The new version shows up in my DM ,but it says that no action is need when I go to transfer it to my BB.I'm lost.
    Use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs to remove any older 4.5 Software installations.
    10-06-09 04:14 PM
    Dont use DM. Delete vendor.xml and run loader.exe in the same directory.
    10-06-09 04:14 PM
    Downloading the software now. Won't have time to load it till after work though.

Guys, things to look for in this new version:

1) For Verizon, is the chirp gone?

2) Are the ringtones and custom Profiles stable?
    10-06-09 04:17 PM
    Dont use DM. Delete vendor.xml and run loader.exe in the same directory.
    So,don't use DM???I am soooooo confused.
    10-06-09 04:45 PM
    i believe the only difference is the browser fix. but of course i could be wrong =)
    10-06-09 04:46 PM
    So,don't use DM???I am soooooo confused.
    This guide explains the process of loading an OS without using DM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    10-06-09 04:56 PM
    I'm finding the memory leak is still there (about the same as .169). havent noticed any issues, browser seems a little zippier, memory is about the same on reboot, haven't noticed the "profiles" issue yet (but that often took a while to show up anyways).

All told, not that much different from .169
    10-06-09 05:57 PM
    You can also download 4.5.0.285 from HERE.

Enjoy!
    10-06-09 07:19 PM
    i cant use on 8320 damn
    10-06-09 07:40 PM
    Can you do this from your phone? My version ends in .130 Should I get it?
    10-06-09 08:05 PM
    Crackgirly you cannot upgrade it from your phone. All this discussion of removing the vendor xml file needs to be done from your computer or from a software called crackmem.
    Os upgrades can only be upgraded if you have 4.5os and the os is released by your provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 08:15 PM
    new sweetness
    10-06-09 09:11 PM
    Hey does the 4.5.0.285 an official download
    10-06-09 11:40 PM
    Finally got the new version installed last night.Thanks to all that helped.Much appreciated.The new version does seem nicer,although,I now have a chirping noise during calls.Other than that,its great.
    10-07-09 08:04 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD