so what are the major benefits to switching to 4.5 on tmo?

i only recall html email, anything else, is it worth doing it now or waiting?

also another q, how is the memory management, any better? how much free file memory do you have?
    07-20-08 04:12 PM
    I'm reading all of the stories on installing new os 4.5, but I don't understand all of the lingo you crackberry experts are using. I downloaded desktop upgrade as well as 4.5 os. Removed xml from pc as well. When I plugged berry into pc and go to application loader only 4.2 is there. Checked c drive and 4.5 is there. How do I get it into destop manager to begin installing new 4.5 os. Am I doing something wrong. Help fellow crackberry buddies!!!!
    Check out the link in my signature for Upgrade/Downgrade procedure... it will walk you through the necessary steps!!

I see options for t-zones (2 of them) and internet browser and hotspot browser when selecting the default browser in the options / general properties list. I was sure in 4.2 this included a choice for wifi and I was not sure what the difference was.
    Just hide the icon you do not want to use... there is no other fix

Menu > Hide

i still cant get my default browser to work!!! opera mini and jivetalk are both working fine over wifi...
    Check out the WiFi guide in my signature... is there any specific error message?

named it this because this is the first 4.5 official release and it's been completely successful with my TMo carrier
    But it is not an official TMo release... and it is the same as the .52 Beta. Orange did not change anything from the Beta... they just name it official!
    07-20-08 04:13 PM
    so what are the major benefits to switching to 4.5 on tmo?

i only recall html email, anything else, is it worth doing it now or waiting?

also another q, how is the memory management, any better? how much free file memory do you have?
    I have about 29Mb free... just check out the link in my sig for Stoner's Guide
    07-20-08 04:14 PM
    wow..bmcclure937 thanks a million!! i didnt know it was that easy lol.. i have 4.5 and i thought it was the same as 4.2 so i kept trying to find the wifi icon, but after reading your wifi guide i found out that i just had to put it too hotspot!! haha.. thanks for the help
    07-20-08 05:20 PM
    wow..bmcclure937 thanks a million!! i didnt know it was that easy lol.. i have 4.5 and i thought it was the same as 4.2 so i kept trying to find the wifi icon, but after reading your wifi guide i found out that i just had to put it too hotspot!! haha.. thanks for the help
    Yeah, no problem... glad I could help!
    07-20-08 05:22 PM
    Check out the link in my signature for Upgrade/Downgrade procedure... it will walk you through the necessary steps!!

Just hide the icon you do not want to use... there is no other fix

Menu > Hide

Check out the WiFi guide in my signature... is there any specific error message?

But it is not an official TMo release... and it is the same as the .52 Beta. Orange did not change anything from the Beta... they just name it official!
    i'm aware that it's not tmo's official release and i've done plenty of research and am also aware that it's the same as the .52 beta but i'll be more specific for you. The reason i used the word official whether tmo or not, is that it's available for download from the blackberry website. I'm also sure that's not the only beta turned "official" but for the .52 it is.
    Edit/Delete Message
    07-20-08 05:31 PM
    This release is truly amazing. Html email, video camera, ability to download files, as well as the general improvement in the look of the phone has instantly made it a more competitive and satisfacroty device. Ever since I loaded this updat I'm rethinking my order of the iphone 3g.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 05:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD