the 8300 gets NO love from RIM, no new software upgrades, and now the latest trend. completely ignoring 4.5 as a whole when developing apps even though the majority of blackberry users probably havnt upgraded from 4.2 yet.

i understandn, its all PROGRESS!! but jesus man, im getting pissed seeing a new OS leak every other day for the bold and storm, meanwhile we have the glitchiest friggen builds on earth.

[/end rant]
    05-05-09 07:53 PM
    You really having that many issues with your Curve? No major issues with mine here.
    05-05-09 07:55 PM
    no i love my curve, im just frustrated that RIM doesnt seem to release any new firmware for us.
    05-05-09 08:44 PM
    im kool with the 4.5 but still no updates for us 8330ians users! if n e 1 knows of 1 pin me lol
    05-05-09 08:50 PM
    If you dont like what you own then bail out.
    05-05-09 09:01 PM
    the os works great for me, nothing wrong
    05-05-09 09:32 PM
    I've had very little problems at all with my 8330. It has always been very reliable...
    05-05-09 09:34 PM
    I have little to no problems with my 8330 as well... However, I know exactly how you feel... Every time I see a new o/s for bold or storm or NIAGRA that everyone's freaking out about for some reason.. i look to see if they have upgraded the o/s for the curve but still no luck! I wish they would upgrade all of their devices equally.. I feel like the curve is becoming obsolete...
    05-05-09 09:40 PM
    Never a problem with my 8310 in the 17 months I've had it. And after all the 4.5 beta installs I did, I like it right where it is. It won't bother me if there's no 5.0 for it.
    05-05-09 09:43 PM
    Well I like the upgrade that 4.5 did for my Curve. I would like to see a 5.0 os especially for the media player I feel like more options or needed there like recently player or rating tracks. I'd like to see what else they can do to the browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 10:51 PM
    Well I like the upgrade that 4.5 did for my Curve. I would like to see a 5.0 os especially for the media player I feel like more options or needed there like recently player or rating tracks. I'd like to see what else they can do to the browser.

05-06-09 10:23 AM
    It doesn't need an upgrade. Mine works perfect. I feel no need to want an upgrade.

Even though it's the number one seller they are mostly focused on their new phones coming out.

I think theres plenty of support for the 8330 and plenty of apps. The reason they aren't putting out a bunch of new upgrades now is because they have pretty much fixed it. It's been out long enough that they've upgraded until they've fixed all the issues.

I mean what more do you want? What do you think a new upgrade will do? They have all the features that the phone will do on it already... I mean making a new upgrade won't exactly do much. Maybe make it run more efficent and a little faster but mine is plenty fast enough.
    05-06-09 10:38 AM
    File this one under "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I had a Curve, bought a Storm, struggled thru all the betas, fixes, hybrids, new software to make up for the Storms shortcomings and every other thing I could do to help make the Storm my primary phone and in the end, I'm back to the Curve.

Let's face it, the Curve just works and in my business, I need my phone to work all the time, not just most of the time.

The Curve is the number one selling smartphone for a reason, it works so you can work.
    05-06-09 10:48 AM
    I have little to no problems with my 8330 as well... However, I know exactly how you feel... Every time I see a new o/s for bold or storm or NIAGRA that everyone's freaking out about for some reason.. i look to see if they have upgraded the o/s for the curve but still no luck! I wish they would upgrade all of their devices equally.. I feel like the curve is becoming obsolete...
    LOL I hear you. Dont worry though. I have a Storm and a Curve. Im using the Curve now because its a more realiable Phone to use. The Full QWERTY Buttons are a big part of this. Plus, the OS is stable. Storms OS isnt. So when they finnally FIX It, I might go back. Other then that, switching between phones is kind of fun though But the Curve is a CLASSIC!
    05-06-09 11:08 AM
    LOL I hear you. Dont worry though. I have a Storm and a Curve. Im using the Curve now because its a more realiable Phone to use. The Full QWERTY Buttons are a big part of this. Plus, the OS is stable. Storms OS isnt. So when they finnally FIX It, I might go back. Other then that, switching between phones is kind of fun though But the Curve is a CLASSIC!
    I do the exact same thing! I love having the google maps work perfectly on the storm, and to have such a nice big screen. But I just can't get rid o the curve. Such a great, easy to use, always working phone.

05-06-09 02:40 PM
    It doesn't need an upgrade. Mine works perfect. I feel no need to want an upgrade.

Even though it's the number one seller they are mostly focused on their new phones coming out.

I think theres plenty of support for the 8330 and plenty of apps. The reason they aren't putting out a bunch of new upgrades now is because they have pretty much fixed it. It's been out long enough that they've upgraded until they've fixed all the issues.

I mean what more do you want? What do you think a new upgrade will do? They have all the features that the phone will do on it already... I mean making a new upgrade won't exactly do much. Maybe make it run more efficent and a little faster but mine is plenty fast enough.
    Stop talking like what you say is fact or have any clue what you are talking about in the first place...
    There is plenty the curve can not do that it should be able to do.. and there are tons of things they could fix on it.. just because you think your phone is "perfect" doesn't mean the people that actually know what they are talking about think it does need an upgrade...
    05-06-09 02:46 PM
    Stop talking like what you say is fact or have any clue what you are talking about in the first place...
    There is plenty the curve can not do that it should be able to do.. and there are tons of things they could fix on it.. just because you think your phone is "perfect" doesn't mean the people that actually know what they are talking about think it does need an upgrade...
    I didn't even read that because in every thread you start an argument so I don't read what you say anymore. I read the first 3 words. Just letting you know that I don't read your comments anymore. It get's old. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and quit arguing wtih everyone on the internet.
    05-06-09 03:03 PM
    I didn't even read that because in every thread you start an argument so I don't read what you say anymore. I read the first 3 words. Just letting you know that I don't read your comments anymore. It get's old. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and quit arguing wtih everyone on the internet.
    Cause in every thread people want help, and what you say is total garbage.. You have no idea what you are talking about and spit the same mindless quotes over and over again like a trained parrot, and i know for a fact i am not the only person on here who thinks this way...
    05-07-09 09:00 AM
    I feel they have no need to focus on the 8330 cause it works fine to me lol, so why would they spend rnd on a device that doesn't have major bugs and glitches like the storm and the bold. I'm sure 5.0 will trickle down to us eventually but it will be stable by then

05-07-09 11:27 AM
    I feel they have no need to focus on the 8330 cause it works fine to me lol, so why would they spend rnd on a device that doesn't have major bugs and glitches like the storm and the bold. I'm sure 5.0 will trickle down to us eventually but it will be stable by then

In the end it is all about money.. they stand to make a lot more money off of newer products then they do old..
    NOW I AM NOT SAYING THEY DO THIS... but think about this... if everyone was satisfied with teh curve and could get everything they want for it, why would they ever buy a newer blackberry... Talking normal user here... but if you make something faster and better and upgrade it and make programs that only work for the upgraded one, people would be forced to buy the newer phone to use the newer stuff... that is a basic business strategy.. horrible as it is, it has proven to work
    05-07-09 11:31 AM
    the 8300 gets NO love from RIM, no new software upgrades, and now the latest trend. completely ignoring 4.5 as a whole when developing apps even though the majority of blackberry users probably havnt upgraded from 4.2 yet.

i understandn, its all PROGRESS!! but jesus man, im getting pissed seeing a new OS leak every other day for the bold and storm, meanwhile we have the glitchiest friggen builds on earth.

[/end rant]
    Right now u can trade in ur old blackberry to tmobile and get @ least $75 credit towards a new one. Don't know who u have but sounds like they're not worried bout makin u happy

05-07-09 12:00 PM
    Right now u can trade in ur old blackberry to tmobile and get @ least $75 credit towards a new one. Don't know who u have but sounds like they're not worried bout makin u happy

Question is can that 75 dollars be used towards the upgrade price, or can you only use it as 75 dollars off retail price of a new blackberry...
    05-07-09 12:05 PM

All the support we need is right here in the Forums!!!
    05-07-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD