ok ... i am officially stumped ... i've got a berry 8320 ... about a week or 2 my battery was running low so i plugged my phone into the external charger to let it charge ... suddenly i noticed my berry was flashing ... i looked at it and saw the hour glass of death !!

took the battery out left it out for half an hour put it back in .. the hour glass was still there ....

after a bit of searching i came across the 101 for recovering a nuked berry .. followed the instructions and got up to the point where it was reconnecting to the JVM and then it says :

"unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load application"

since then I've tried several things .. some of which i tried because it made sense others because i was desperate and I hoped it would work ... I've tried the following :

first i tried to invoke the command line interface with the options switch as per the "how do i recover a dead blackberry" forum discussion ... that didnt work

then i thought I' take the memory card out and try to follow the instructions for recovering a nuked berry ... that didnt work i still had the same problem ...

then for some reason i thought unlocking the vendor themes might help [ i don't know why i thought that might help i suppose i was getting really desperate] i followed the instructions on the "how to unlock all vendor themes" forum discussion .... that didn't work...

then i tried to wipe the blackberry using Jl Cmder...that didn't work

After losing all hope i thought I'd give it another shot by simply deleting the os i had.... then i downloaded it again and re-installed it ... followed the instructions again on how to recover a nuked berry ...no luck ... this time i did it with the battery and memory card out through the entire process.... and i still had the same error when it was trying to reconnect to JVM..

then i followed the following instructions hoping it would work ...
    0) Download Desktop Manager and the OS for your specific phone (got mine from the Sprint site)
    1) remove battery, disconnect USB from PC
    2) Launch Desktop Manager
    3) Choose Application Loader
    4) Click next
    5) NOW connect the USB, without the battery installed
    6) Proceed with picking the s/w packages
    7) Once the install starts PUT IN THE BATTERY

IT DIDNT WORK ... each and every time it gets stuck on reconnecting to JVM and then i get the same error msg ...

SOMEONE PLS HELP ME !!!
    07-10-08 04:33 AM
    Wait...so when your battery was low, you decided to charge the phone and when you plugged your phone into the AC outlet, all you see is the hour glass? How long did you let the hour glass stay on the screen before you did all that stuff? Since you're new to BB, I think you should know that if you change the OS, it takes about 45 minutes or so before your BB boots back up. So when you try to delete and reinstall the OS, you should wait at least that long before doing other stuff. If nothing works, I say go return your BB, it may be a defective unit. Since it's a new one, I don't think you'd have much trouble returning it to the store...unless you got it off of ebay
    07-10-08 09:12 AM
    I would first use JL_cmdr and wipe your device... I would then follow any steps needed to restore...

Follow the guide I link to in my signature on "how to recover a dead berry"

Welcome to CB!! I hope we can help you get your Berry back
    07-10-08 09:21 AM
    ive tried the Jl Cmdr and I've followed the instructions on 'how to recover a dead berry' no matter what i do i get stuck at the same point

it tries reconnecting to JVM and then it says unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load application

I would have returned it the second the berry decided to go psycho on me however the only problem is ... i bought my berry back home in Malaysia and I'm currently in Australia... sooooo ... I'm stuck with it till I go back in a few weeks and without my berry my life is at a stand still ... so i need to try and sort this out helppppp
    07-10-08 09:56 AM
    ok ... i am officially stumped ... i've got a berry 8320 ... about a week or 2 my battery was running low so i plugged my phone into the external charger to let it charge ... suddenly i noticed my berry was flashing ... i looked at it and saw the hour glass of death !!

took the battery out left it out for half an hour put it back in .. the hour glass was still there ....

after a bit of searching i came across the 101 for recovering a nuked berry .. followed the instructions and got up to the point where it was reconnecting to the JVM and then it says :

since then I've tried several things .. some of which i tried because it made sense others because i was desperate and I hoped it would work ... I've tried the following :

first i tried to invoke the command line interface with the options switch as per the "how do i recover a dead blackberry" forum discussion ... that didnt work

then i thought I' take the memory card out and try to follow the instructions for recovering a nuked berry ... that didnt work i still had the same problem ...

then for some reason i thought unlocking the vendor themes might help [ i don't know why i thought that might help i suppose i was getting really desperate] i followed the instructions on the "how to unlock all vendor themes" forum discussion .... that didn't work...

After losing all hope i thought I'd give it another shot by simply deleting the os i had.... then i downloaded it again and re-installed it ... followed the instructions again on how to recover a nuked berry ...no luck ... this time i did it with the battery and memory card out through the entire process.... and i still had the same error when it was trying to reconnect to JVM..

0) Download Desktop Manager and the OS for your specific phone (got mine from the Sprint site)
    4) Click next

IT DIDNT WORK ... each and every time it gets stuck on reconnecting to JVM and then i get the same error msg ...

SOMEONE PLS HELP ME !!!

DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY!!! DO NOT!!
    This is INCORRECT.
    try again with the battery in.
    07-10-08 10:01 AM
    I HATE to use an external link. but.

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

and DO NOT take out the battery.
    07-10-08 10:04 AM
    but iv also tried it with the battery in several times i had the same error it was only on my last try that i tried removing the battery ....
    07-10-08 10:26 AM
    i get stuck when its trying to reconnect to JVM - what does this mean ... perhaps I should be focussing on why it won't reconnect to JVM ... any thoughts???
    07-10-08 10:29 AM
    oh by the way before i forget the first time i tried to recover my nuked berry I had to enter a password ... i had 10 attempts ... i tried every password i had ever used on my berry none of it worked ... so even on the 10th attempt i had entered the wrong password ... i wonder if that has anything to do with it ...
    07-10-08 11:48 AM
    ...that could have been helpful before, I'm not an expert but I'm sure someone here will have a right answer for you. Did you purchase this from a legit store or someone selling it off of a market? I'm from China, so I know the problems with buying stuff from a market...I don't know if it's the same thing in Malaysia
    07-10-08 11:52 AM
    ... i had 10 attempts ... i tried every password i had ever used on my berry none of it worked ... so even on the 10th attempt i had entered the wrong password ... i wonder if that has anything to do with it ...
    Odds are good that has something to do with it.

There is no way to distinguish between forgetting your password or trying to use a stolen phone. Given the high level of security that BlackBerry BES can implement, it may not be possible.

07-10-08 11:57 AM
    no ... the stores i got my phone from is legit .. it is still under warranty ... its just that i would preferably like to get my berry up and running again ASAP instead of waiting 4-6 weeks before i'm able to return it ... i tried every password iv ever used on the berry ... none of it worked .. so ... i figured since after the tenth attempt it just deletes everything then it wouldnt make a difference coz trying to recover my nuked berry would have had the same outcome ... soooo ... any thoughts?
    07-10-08 12:00 PM
    Hello all I have the exact same problem with my nuked BB.

Have been battling it for 2 days and have followed every step listed on the forum but keep getting the message:

Have tried the JL wipe, removed old OS and DM, put in 4.5 DM manager and Device manager 4.5, deleted vendor file.

Been thru all the posts but still get same message.

Someone pleas help b4 my wife leaves me for stirring at my screen all day.

Thanks

David

4) Click next

SOMEONE PLS HELP ME !!!
    08-27-08 04:56 PM
    unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load application
    Google gave me a couple of leads, check this tread out from BlackBerry Forums.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ate-error.html

The problem was traced to the USB connection.

Bypass any hubs and plug it directly into the computer.
    08-27-08 06:16 PM
    yeah same here, i get the red LED every three seconds, with nothing on the screen. Every time i use desctop manager, it says that it could not connect the device, or to prompt a pass, which i cannot do because the screen is blank, no white screen or anything.

What is this about bypassing any hubs?
    has this worked for anyone above?
    02-06-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD