Hello guys, I was recently given a nuked 8310 as a project for myself to try and repair. The phone is nuked and does the red light, hour glass, reboot, red light, hour glass sequence repeatedly.

I followed a number of guides for fixing nuked phones, using JL_Cmder, and mainly running Loader.exe /nojvm from the command prompt.

I have tried doing this with and without the battery in and each time I get the same message one Application Loader starts "Waiting for Device Initialization", the error message "Apllication Loader was unable to connect to your device".

Can anyone help me a bit more please?

Many thanks, nick

photobucket.com/albums/bb75/garygriz/nuked.png
    03-06-10 05:10 AM
    Same thing happened to my 8310. One morning it just started going through the loop. I have tried all the suggestions and fixes but finally gave up and bought a 9700 Bold 2.

I guess I will just keep the 8310 as a paper weight.
    03-06-10 05:17 AM
    Oh dear, I really want to get it working. Dont have the money for a new phone.
    03-06-10 06:00 AM
    Oh dear, I really want to get it working. Dont have the money for a new phone.
    I found this and tried it. It did not work for me but it may be worth a try for you.

�Note: If you are connecting via a USB HUB then these instructions may not work. Try connecting via USB on a PC that is not using a HUB
    Pre-Install Tasks
    1. Disconnect the device from the PC

2. Download and install Desktop Manager and the Handheld OS to the PC (if they have not already been installed):

Desktop Manager and Handheld OS List
    Command Line Tasks
    1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)

2. Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

�If you do not know how to navigate to this directory follow instructions in 2a)
    2a)

From C:\ prompt type:

cd \Program Files <hit enter>
    cd Common Files <hit enter>
    cd Research In Motion <hit enter>
    cd AppLoader <hit enter>
    3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running

4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC

5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:

loader.exe /nojvm
    Installation
    1. The Application Loader Wizard window will open

2. Click on Next

3. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry

4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN

�If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:
    a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.

a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open

a3) Remove the battery and put it back

a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds

a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS
    03-07-10 06:14 AM
    i was having the same problem with mine, i know it sounds stupid but did you try a new battery? i used the new battery from my 8330 and it worked fine.
    03-07-10 10:14 AM
    i was having the same problem with mine, i know it sounds stupid but did you try a new battery? i used the new battery from my 8330 and it worked fine.
    Thanks but still no go. I used a co-workers battery that was fully charged.
    03-07-10 05:42 PM
    Try this:
    BigBadwulf's upgrade guide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD