New BB user here and had a quick question.

Just got my BB 8330 from Sprint (through the mail) and noticed there was nearly NOTHING pre-installed on the device (i.e. sprint tv, chat programs, etc.). I haven't activated it yet with sprint because I noticed there was nothing on there.

Once I activate do all these programs appear, if so I will go ahead and activate. Anyone have any experience with this just out of the box? Just wondering!

Thanks!
    08-06-08 06:53 PM
    Activating is the most important thing to get started! You're getting a data plan, right?
    08-06-08 06:54 PM
    What programs are you looking for? I don;t know that Sprint TV will work on a BB, and as far as chat apps you can always download them later. There are plenty of free ones available, and some nice all-in-one apps for IM, some free, some for fee.
    08-06-08 06:55 PM
    Yah I will be, but I just want to make sure I didn't get a defective phone or anything haha
    08-06-08 06:55 PM
    Na! Not a defective phone, you just need to activate it with a data plan.
    08-06-08 06:59 PM
    What programs are you looking for? I don;t know that Sprint TV will work on a BB, and as far as chat apps you can always download them later. There are plenty of free ones available, and some nice all-in-one apps for IM, some free, some for fee.
    WOW - you are WAY off!

Sprint TV is included in their plans. It works quite nicely - 50+ channels. And Sprint comes pre-loaded with AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk, and BBM.
    Last edited by 49ways; 08-06-08 at 07:29 PM.
    08-06-08 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the help...off to activate
    08-06-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD