First Post so please excuse me....

I am stationed overseas in Italy and I just bought my BB 8320 from a guy that had it connected to T-Mobile. Well I got it unlocked and now I am trying to get it set up in my name. I got a message from BB saying that my handheld has been registered with the wireless network. Now I am trying to get my own email put in it and I have no clue what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
    10-11-09 01:44 PM
    In the menu screen you should see a "setup" icon, click on it and you should see "manage internet email" in there
    10-11-09 01:49 PM
    If you have a data plan, there should be an icon at the Home screen that says Email Setup Wizard, run that to see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 01:50 PM
    Be sure that you have a BlackBerry Data Plan if you want to be able to set up personal email.
    10-11-09 02:55 PM
    If you have a data plan, there should be an icon at the Home screen that says Email Setup Wizard, run that to see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I do have a blackberry data plan but I did not see anything about an email wizard. Would it matter if the previous owner already had it set up for his information? I think that I am just going to go back to vodaphone tomorrow and get this figured out.
    10-11-09 03:29 PM
    Just get them to make sure that the device has been released from the previous owner and have them resend the Service Books. Then the Email Setup icon should show up.

If the icon doesn't show up, check to be sure it's not hidden. Press the Menu button and select Show All.

Also, check any and all folders on the device including the Documents to Go folder.

And if it's not hidden and not in a folder, get Vodaphone to double (triple) check your account to be sure that they set you up with the correct data plan. Sometimes they select the wrong option when they are setting it up.
    10-11-09 03:55 PM
    Ok when you say I need to get them to realease it from the previous owner, are you talking about the person that I bought it from, Vodaphone, or Blackberry.

I just checked everywhere and clicked the show all button and there is no email wizard anywhere. The only wizard that I see is just a setup wizard. I looked through there and could not find anything about the email.

So I am guessing that Vodaphone did not do what they said they were going and I must go back and chew arse...
    10-11-09 05:05 PM
    Sorry to have been unclear.

You said that you were going to go talk to Vodaphone, so I said that you should have them (meaning Vodaphone) check to be sure that the device has been released from the previous owner.

Ideally, the previous owner would have done this prior to selling you the device.
    10-11-09 11:51 PM
    On older handsets it is labelled Setup Wizard, and you dont get any email related questions until you are about half weay through.
    10-12-09 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD