Hello to all, used the search firstly and no answer to be found.

I am a long time windows mobile user (way back) got my wife a 8330 few months back and well, here I am.

I could go on but to my question.

With WM you could set the email account to ceck for mail starting at every 5 minutes and upwards....

seems like it takes a bit of time to recieve and I would like to speed up the check time....

Thank you in advance......
    02-11-09 04:56 PM
    It should be almost instantly. The issue is with RIM doing some maintenance right now according to sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 07:09 PM

I am a long time windows mobile user (way back) got my wife a 8330 few months back and well, here I am.

With WM you could set the email account to ceck for mail starting at every 5 minutes and upwards....

seems like it takes a bit of time to recieve and I would like to speed up the check time....

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry! One of the best features is "push" technology that delivers e-mail (and other services) directly to your device virtually instantly. There's no setting the device to go and check for messages. Not only is it faster, but it doesn't drain on the battery the way other devices suffer.

My girlfriend has an 8330 on Sprint and she has not experienced any delay in receiving her e-mail today. Perhaps it is something with the mail server you are using.

Are you using Yahoo!, GMail, Hotmail, etc?
    02-11-09 07:33 PM

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry! One of the best features is "push" technology that delivers e-mail (and other services) directly to your device virtually instantly. There's no setting the device to go and check for messages. Not only is it faster, but it doesn't drain on the battery the way other devices suffer.

My girlfriend has an 8330 on Sprint and she has not experienced any delay in receiving her e-mail today. Perhaps it is something with the mail server you are using. Also, I sent a few e-mails back and forth to a friend who is a Verizon sales rep; it did not appear she was experiencing any delay but I'm not certain she was sending from her BB.

Are you using Yahoo!, GMail, Hotmail, etc?
    02-11-09 07:36 PM
    I have never had this problem with my 8330, i have tested this multiple times while sitting in front of my computer, the email is delivered to bb at the same time it is to my inbox with yahoo, msn, and gmail.
    02-11-09 11:22 PM

Hmm i never seem to have lag on my email coming to my BB might just because of maintenance like post 2 said :-)
    02-11-09 11:26 PM
    No, I know what he's talking about. It's a Sprint/RIM thing... They seem to be slow about pushing emails out lately. I think they're doing maintenance or something. Well, the last couple days anyway.

Rest assured, that's not how it normally works! I love having my email pushed to my phone, and not having to have my phone poll the email server for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:27 AM
    I've always noticed a major delay since I got my phone a few months ago.. I've just gotten used to it
    02-12-09 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD