i have just recently fell in love with my bb and the only thing that i can complain about, and im still trying to figure out, is i dont receive any texts from iphone users. and thats from all iphones that i tested out (between friends). my iphone friend gets all of my texts but i haven't received a single on from him even though im sitting next to him as he sends it to me:!!!! Ah! im so aggravated cuz i dont know whats going on. ive spoken to tmobile and they told me that its not a problem with my phone and my friends spoke to at&t and they told him its not his phone. so im not sure if its come kind of setting or what, i just switched from a treo and the texting worked fine between the treo and iphone but not with my curve please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    11-14-07 11:41 PM
    so im realizing that this isnt a iphone/bb problem but something with at&t/tmobile.... im going to call tmoblie again tomorrow demanding some answers.
    11-15-07 12:20 AM
    I was having the same problem. After 6 calls to customer care (AT&T), they assigned an engineer to look into it. 5 days later everything started to work flawlessly.

Took awhile, but AT&T took care of it.

You can read my thread about it here:

forums.crackberry.com/f52/unable-receive-sms-texts-t-mobile-users-customer-support-no-help-8520

(I am unable to provide a direct link because I have less than 10 posts.)

Good luck,

Nick
    11-15-07 09:07 AM
    That is odd, my mother has an iPhone and we SMS & MMS each other without a problem! I do know that I have a TMO friend (non bb or iPhone) who receives my SMS or MMS really late sometimes - not that often though)
    I wonder could it be between the two carriers?
    11-15-07 10:23 AM
    I had the same problem but not just with not receiving text messages from att customers but verizon as well. They told me to power the phone off and wait 10 seconds then send myself a SMS message (from my number to my number). We then had a friend on att & verizon send messages and voila! They came through. This seemed to be a Tmo problem because my daughter's new sidekick slide had the same problem. Hope it works out for you :-)
    11-15-07 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD