DL OM and I'm not impressed. I guess it come in useful if I need to see a full page but... I wasn't impressed!

Can't copy/paste
    Wasn't able to see myspace.com/blackberry
    Once you zoom there is no option for overview again.

Idk! Just not impressed... Or am I doing something wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 09:26 AM
    I prefer the 4.5 OS browser to OM
    ...just my opinion
    09-13-08 09:37 AM
    If you are zoomed in just hit the arrow back button on the right of the trackball and that will take you to the full page again.

I prefer the BB browser, but there are times OM comes in handy. I think it does a better job of handling graphics, but it's just not as intuitive to use.

09-13-08 09:42 AM
    DL OM and I'm not impressed. I guess it come in useful if I need to see a full page but... I wasn't impressed!

Can't copy/paste

I'm right there with you. I deleted it shortly after downloading it. I just can't work with it...
    09-13-08 09:44 AM
    Some love it, some don't. I like the BlackBerry browser, too. I need to use OM to access my health insurance site, but that's it .

09-13-08 09:58 AM
    I'm another one who prefers the OS 4.5 browser over Opera Mini.

09-13-08 10:03 AM
    Right!!! I knew I wasn't the only one! LoL! I will keep it...since I do believe its a good tool to have if you need to view a page that doesn't have a mobile version...but I'm sure I won't be using it often!
    09-13-08 10:04 AM
    Right, most of the world is putting up a mobile version, .

09-13-08 10:18 AM
    I prefer the 4.5 browser as well. Opera Mini is clunky and slow in my opinion.
    09-13-08 10:18 AM
    Right!!! I knew I wasn't the only one! LoL! I will keep it...since I do believe its a good tool to have if you need to view a page that doesn't have a mobile version...but I'm sure I won't be using it often!
    Agreed. Backup for non-WAP sites.
    09-13-08 10:23 AM
    The 4.5 works great for me as well. I really didn't care for om when I downloaded it, and it was deleted about a week later.

09-13-08 10:24 AM

Can't copy/paste
    yeah, that part sucks. plus it blocks out app manager, so i cant even swap between apps with it open. it's just like using an iphone.

well duh. that address is for a blackberry browser specific version of myspace. if you're not using a blackberry browser, it doesnt work properly. dee dee dee. OM is designed to view desktop versions of websites. that's its allure.
    shortcut keys. pressing "5" brings you back to page view mode. use the help menu to find all the OM shortcuts.

2 out of the 3 problems were your fault. only the first one is a true issue... an iphone emulator of sorts.
    09-13-08 11:58 AM
    The 4.5 works great for me as well. I really didn't care for om when I downloaded it, and it was deleted about a week later.

I agree. When I upgraded to 4.5, I found myself not using OM at all. Uninstalled it a week after I got 4.5. The 4.5 browser was a nice upgrade from 4.2. Great improvement.

09-13-08 03:31 PM
    I prefer the 4.5 browser as well. Opera Mini is clunky and slow in my opinion.

I thought it was just me.. but i guess not.. It is extremely slow..
    09-13-08 03:43 PM
    Yeah, I never caught on to the Opera hype - not on my PC either. I love the standard BB browser in 4.5
    09-13-08 03:50 PM
    yeah, that part sucks. plus it blocks out app manager, so i cant even swap between apps with it open. it's just like using an iphone.

well duh. that address is for a blackberry browser specific version of myspace. if you're not using a blackberry browser, it doesnt work properly. dee dee dee. OM is designed to view desktop versions of websites. that's its allure.

shortcut keys. pressing "5" brings you back to page view mode. use the help menu to find all the OM shortcuts.

2 out of the 3 problems were your fault. only the first one is a true issue... an iphone emulator of sorts.
    My app manager works with Opera, it didnt on 4.2 and I assumed it wouldnt on 4.5, but I just tried it and it works, I can switch to other programs.
    09-13-08 04:37 PM
    Ha! I didn't know it was my faul that I wasn't impressed! LoL :-)

09-13-08 06:47 PM
    And I am able to toggle between apps with OM. I am running 4.5 OS. Just simply... In my own, personal opinion and preference... I was not impressed overall.

MySpace.com - BlackBerry is still a plain wbsite of the internet. Just because its about Blackberrys doesn't mean you will be unable to see it using other browsers.

09-13-08 06:52 PM
    I use Opera from time to time. I prefer the standard 4.5 BB browser, yet Opera has some good shortcuts for certain things.
    09-14-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD