i left my 8330 curve briefly for another phone and immediately learned that i HATE touch screens. after making the swap, i shut off my curve and stored it away in its orginal box.

about two weeks passed by and i really missed my curve. the night before going back to verizon and activating my curve again i plugged it in and charged it up.

i went back to verizon, re-activated my curve, and started playing around with it. everything seemed fine. my "saved" messages were still there, my "favorites" links were still there, and all of my settings were still intact.

one thing caught me off guard though. none of the preloaded pictures were in my curve......NONE. as a matter of fact, as i looked through the memory portion of the media section, it states that no pictures are present.

now, i am not really concerned about the loss of the preloaded pictures mainly because i never used them or liked them. i tried to get rid of them when i first bought my curve for memory reasons, but, i never could.

like i said, i am not concerned, however, i am more curious about where the pics went.

does anyone have any clue?
    05-09-09 09:31 PM
    Did you upgrade the OS to 4.5?
    05-09-09 09:34 PM
    the version that i have is the version it came with :
    v4.5.0.77
    05-09-09 09:43 PM
    Then you should not have any pre-loaded pictures. They were removed with this version to free up memory
    05-09-09 09:50 PM
    Kick azz. I hate those freaking preloaded pics. Ringtones too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 09:54 PM
    Okay-agree with you both, but how do you delete that menu option???

05-09-09 10:45 PM
    It's a good thing that they're missing
    05-09-09 10:50 PM
    Whenever I bought my curve there weren't any preloaded pictures. It was just blank whenever I went to my preloaded pictures. Is that bad?

05-09-09 11:29 PM
    if you have the latest OS you wont have any preloaded pics from what im told, no big deal for me b/c i dont use them anyway
    05-10-09 12:00 AM
    oh. alright. no big deal. i wouldn't use them either.
    05-10-09 02:50 PM
    Yep no one I know uses them anyway so no big loss...
    05-10-09 03:06 PM
    Okay-agree with you both, but how do you delete that menu option???

Problemis, you cannot get rid of the menu option - or the folder they use to be stored in.
    05-10-09 05:08 PM
    thanks for the info.

now with the missing pre-loaded pics, the pre-loaded video is gone too. once again, not a concern but it was more of curiosity on my part.
    05-10-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD