Ok I have a weird problem....I have a Blackberry curve with a 2 gb Scandisk microsd.

When I transfer a lot of MP3 songs to my card via the media player, I discover that only 15 of my 55 Prince songs are viewable in the playlist. They are all there when I explore the memory card via the "explore" option menu of the media program...I tried transferring the files directly to the memory card via my laptop with the same result! why is this happening?

I tested the same group of mp3 files by transferring them to my Sony PSP and they're all there!
    11-10-07 04:49 PM
    It does take a minute or two for the media player to recognize all the songs. Did you give it long enough to load all the songs?
    11-10-07 06:06 PM
    Yes, I did and its still not working. I even updated to the newer desktop 4.3 with the same result.
    11-10-07 08:57 PM
    I just downloaded Flipside and see all of my MP3 files. Its a really nice player but not perfect. So the problem is with the media software with Blackberry not the memory card!
    11-10-07 11:14 PM
    I know this sounds basic, but I was having a similar problem when I had a wma file with the same name as an MP3 and copied both over by accident. In order to fix the problem I had to remove the battery and allow the Blackberry to reset itself. All the sudden everything showed up properly. Kind of frustrating having only had the thing for a couple of days, but I still love the thing.
    11-12-07 10:45 PM
    I had the same problem, and no one here could help me I actually ended up figuring it out. If the files are not protected and are still not playing, open up the E: drive in My Computer to show the microSD card. If you copied them from your iTunes playlist like I did, it will show up saying "open with iTunes" or something like that. Change it to open with Windows Media Player. That solved my problem!
    11-13-07 05:37 PM
    Hi lawandorder360..

Its always good to experiment a bit to find solutions. I'm not sure if the "invisible" mp3 files problem can be resolved by changing the "open with" section. I'll give it a try. Actually I think someone from Flipside said that the program works with MP3 files only not WMA files so I substituted my WMA files with MP3 files. The files are all there now.
    It LOOKS like that was the problem all along.
    11-13-07 06:00 PM
    Hi massacgr...

Trust me...I tried the reset and even removed and put back in my memory card to no avail. I think the problem all along was the TYPE of music files. Those files I weren't seeing were WMA files not MP3 files. See my previous post. If you disagree, let me know.
    11-13-07 06:03 PM
    There are a few different reasons why people on this thread are having issues apparently. Obviously it's not going to play/find unsupported and corrupt files.

For those who have had the same problem as me, not finding mp3s that were dragged and dropped onto a blackberry using mass storage mode....

The indexing software for the BB is the issue. Essentially it is not looking at newly added files unless the unit is restarted. People who take the SD card out of the BB and load directly shouldn't have this problem.

In any case, try just removing the battery and waiting while it re-indexes. It's worked for me with no fail now a few times.

Oh this post wouldn't be complete without griping that the media player on my curve is absolute junk, stuck on the device seemingly as an afterthought. I'm sure RIM employees who use a curve already know this, hopefully they take it out on the engineers who developed the media player.
    11-18-07 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD