Is it normal that the zoom on Curve 8320 camera has a 1x, 3x and 5x, but no 2x or 4x? It really does matter when trying to take a photo because a 1x may be too far, but the 3x may be too close. Just wondering if all are like that or if something is wrong with mine...
    07-20-08 10:04 PM
    They're all like that, to the best of my knowledge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 10:05 PM
    its the same with my curve...
    07-20-08 10:06 PM
    That is normal...

I would avoid zooming often anyhow... it is digital zoom (not optical obviously) and this can result in pictures looking lower in quality and 'blurred'. Zoom is a nice feature but can reduce quality of pics...
    07-20-08 10:10 PM
    It's more of a crop than an actual zoom. If you take a pic with full zoom and one with no zoom and transfer both to a pc you can see that the zoomed pic is just lower resolution. Unless I am mms'ing a pic, I find it easier to tae a no zoom pic and zoom/crop it on the pc and it seems a little better quality.

07-21-08 01:53 AM
    It's more of a crop than an actual zoom. If you take a pic with full zoom and one with no zoom and transfer both to a pc you can see that the zoomed pic is just lower resolution. Unless I am mms'ing a pic, I find it easier to tae a no zoom pic and zoom/crop it on the pc and it seems a little better quality.

i concur

yes real digital zoom would be nice though..
    07-21-08 01:55 AM
    i concur

yes real digital zoom would be nice though..
    You mean Optical Zoom.
    07-21-08 02:14 AM
    Thank you to everyone for the help...
    07-21-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD