I just got my Blackberry 8310 for Christmas and so far I have fallen in love with it. Im a first time user of a blackberry but I do have a few questions for you guys.
    1. Im guessing I need to buy a 4GB MicroSD card so I can download songs right?
    2. Are there any websites you can get free themes for the 8310 at? I cant find any.
    3. Once I get my 4GB card and download my music from my labtop can I make one of those songs my ringtone?
    4. I upgraded to the GPS service through SunCom but all I have are maps on my applications how do I get the GPS app for my Curve?
    5. Lastly, any other blackberry websites I should be familiar with or visit to familiarize myself with the blackberry specifically the 8310 curve?
    Thanks guys in advance!!!!!!
    Last edited by btownsoccerstud; 12-25-07 at 02:04 PM.
    12-25-07 02:02 PM
    1. Any size memory card from 1-4GB would do...

2. CrackBerry.com and a few others have free themes. Or, better still there is a thread on how to UNLOCK ALL themes on your device...

3. Yes. But, would one want an ENTIRE song as a ringtone? I suggest going to the Ringtone section of CrackBerry.com, and download a few ringtones, FREE!

4. Well, there is no GPS per se' on the Curve, unless you had a Bluetooth puck or something...

5. Handango, but you'd find most free items etc, here on CrackBerry.com
    12-25-07 02:38 PM
    thank you naviwilliams for answering those questions.......I have a few more for ya.
    1. how do i do the Unlock All themes on my device thingy..
    2. how do i set up a ringtone for my text messages seperate from my actual ringtone for calls?
    Thanks in advance
    12-25-07 02:47 PM
    12-25-07 03:04 PM
    How do I use Aim on my BB? All mine has is Yim Google talk and BB talk.
    12-25-07 06:45 PM
    You do have GPS on your 8310, no puck is required. Google Maps and Telenav (as well as many others) can take full advantage of this hardware. Telenav does require a monthly service fee though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-07 08:55 PM
    so i just need to download either google maps or telenav and ill be set im guessing google maps is the free one. Any other good apps I should look into?
    12-25-07 08:57 PM
    yes google maps is the free one, works great. there's a link around the forum somewhere. use the forum 'search' function to find the google maps link and also a search for 3rd party apps. there's even a section in the forum dedicated solely to 3rd party apps.
    12-26-07 12:30 AM
    1. Any size memory card from 1-4GB would do...

2. CrackBerry.com and a few others have free themes. Or, better still there is a thread on how to UNLOCK ALL themes on your device...

3. Yes. But, would one want an ENTIRE song as a ringtone? I suggest going to the Ringtone section of CrackBerry.com, and download a few ringtones, FREE!

4. Well, there is no GPS per se' on the Curve, unless you had a Bluetooth puck or something...

5. Handango, but you'd find most free items etc, here on CrackBerry.com
    Hey i'm a new BB user...need a massive help....i cant seem 2 put themes on BB Curve 8310 using the desktop manager...PELASE HELP!!!

Is the UK Version slightly different?

Thasnks
    x
    01-06-08 03:07 PM
    Heloo, Im a new UK user aswell, ive had no trouble installing themes, what you need to do is download the theme to your computers. its a .alx file and then connect your blackberry to your computer and then using desktop manager - Use application Loader and just click on next and then ADD and browse for the theme file.alx and your good to go. Any more questions just ask.
    01-09-08 10:20 AM
    I want to download complete songs to listen to on my curve. Can this be done at crackberry? Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
    01-15-09 04:25 PM
    Limewire if you're careful... just load up the desktop manager while ur BB is plugged in and drag a library from limewire to the music file on the DM

Oh yeah, you need a memory card
    01-15-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD