What's up everyone?

I just got my Curve 8330 at the office today, pretty neat device but having some trouble getting the email/web functions to work.

Reading the booklets that came with the phone and information that I've found online, several of the menu options/steps it's telling me to go through simply aren't there on my phone - as if they are hidden or inactive.

I'm trying to set up a few email accounts but....

1) I've never been given the option to create a Blackberry account.

2) Through the setup wizard I am not give the 'Internet Service Option', my only two choices are the Enterprise Server or "Skip email setup" (p. 11 of the booklet)

3) When I go into the menu where all the icons are, the "Email Settings" option (an envelope with a red arrow as seen in the instruction book) is nowhere to be found. I called my boss who is setting up his Curve right now and all of the options are there.

4) In that same menu screen there is no icon for a Browser either.

I'm beginning to think that Sprint may have screwed up my data plan when activating/upgrading. I can make/receive calls and text messages fine but it's as if the email/web is doesn't exist.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    02-09-09 08:50 PM
    Since your BB is work issued, it sounds like it's on a BES system. In that case the IT department has control over what can and cannot be setup. Most times it's the IT department that sets the BB up not the employee.

If it's not on a BES plan, then your BB doesn't sound like it's setup for a Blackberry email/data plan (BIS).
    02-09-09 08:55 PM
    If you don't have the icons yet, that means that your device doesn't have the data connection. Call Sprint again and ensure they have the settings proper for your account...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 08:57 PM
    You guys were right, I just got off the phone with Sprint and they botched the first attempt at the upgrade/activation. The tech walked me through a few steps (provisioning and a few other) and now everything works like a charm. Good stuff!
    02-09-09 09:07 PM
    Glad we were able to help, and that you got it up and running! Congrats!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD