I have the 8330, has anyone had any issues with no sound when making and recieving calls? I would call people and not hear the ringing, or couldnt hear anyone talking when calling me. I did figure out how to fix it, I would hit the voice dial key and everything came back to normal, but only for so long.. its rather annoying to recieve calls that i cant hear them talking, to hang up, hit the voice dial and call them back.
    08-31-08 01:48 AM
    Been there, went through that..As a matter of fact 3 times!! I am on my third curve because of it. It's apparently happening with a lot of curve 8330's,and it's not just Verizon. I have made a few posts about the same problem before and there have been others here that have posted about the same problem. Most of the complaints have been with verizon curve 8330's. You need to call verizon and document the problem, because they seem to think I'm "full of it", and I am on my third curve already.
    08-31-08 05:37 AM
    You are not full of it. This is a known issue with the device and will resolved when VZW releases their 4.5 OS. The problem starts mainly when you recieve an MMS with sound in it. A battery reset will resolve the issue. I have seen other methods like playing a sound will resolve it as well.

Switching phones will NOT resolve your issue. no need to to call VZW to document it.
    08-31-08 08:23 AM
    I can't figure out my text messaging still. I sent it...and then when I get a dang text, all that happens is my light blinks red. Even after I go in and set the SMS Text alert, and how loud I want it, and ect.
    08-31-08 09:20 AM
    I can't figure out my text messaging still. I sent it...and then when I get a dang text, all that happens is my light blinks red. Even after I go in and set the SMS Text alert, and how loud I want it, and ect.
    Make sure in profiles for SMS that a sound is set and not set to virbrate. Also you may want to try a different tone. If this does not resolove it, then try a battery reset. If this does not resolve it not much more I can think of. You may want call tech suport for your carrier.
    08-31-08 09:42 AM
    Make sure in profiles for SMS that a sound is set and not set to virbrate. Also you may want to try a different tone. If this does not resolove it, then try a battery reset. If this does not resolve it not much more I can think of. You may want call tech suport for your carrier.

I have my text messages sent to Greeter. But for some reason now when I get one..it's not ringing greeter. It's annoying me. I cannot figure out what the problem is.
    08-31-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD